Toby's new project

Thanks, Rich, really good to know, so sounds like I can hopefully swap out the front US overriders for the UK versions.

Now I see that the TR4 ones are much further inboard, hadn't noticed that before. 

With the grill spot and this, massive help, thank you! 

Kind Regards

Toby  

On 11/14/2023 at 4:07 PM, Paul Hill said:

Toby buy a TR4 grill and  sell the 5 grill could be a profit in there.

Paul

I hope Paul ment buy a 4A grill.  4 is very different 

Roy

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Managed to squeak in one last video for 2023, and something a bit different away from the workshop.

Hope you enjoy it.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and happy TR motoring next year.

Any thoughts on what I do with my gearbox, do let me know... 

Do please subscribe! (I forgot again to do a reminder in the video...) 

Kind Regards

Toby 

Edited by BaulyCars

Lovely video Toby; what fun.

No idea there was such interest in classics in Dubai - mainly expats?

Get some LEDs for the 6. Plenty of guidance here on that (easy) upgrade and products. 

Best wishes for ‘24 and looking forward to more from you. 

Miles

PS What video editing software do you use? Looks so much better than my efforts!

On 12/31/2023 at 5:36 PM, dblenk said:

Great video and weather wish things were organised like that over here

The shows here are turn up park in a field

Car looking good and sits well

That grey one thought it was mine but the wheels are different and LHD haha

David

Thanks, David, yeah good event, and that grey one is a nice car too, unusual colour but works well.

5 hours ago, MilesA said:

Lovely video Toby; what fun.

No idea there was such interest in classics in Dubai - mainly expats?

Get some LEDs for the 6. Plenty of guidance here on that (easy) upgrade and products. 

Best wishes for ‘24 and looking forward to more from you. 

Miles

PS What video editing software do you use? Looks so much better than my efforts!

Thanks, Miles, will do a headlight upgrade for sure. Does anyone swap out the entire unit for something off the shelf? 

Classics growing in popularity here, last few years in particular, a part of that seems to be expats realizing they can enjoy owning classic cars here too.

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro, which took a while to learn but getting more used to it now.    

• 1 month later...

That was such a good watch - certainly feels like we’re living it with you. Good job you know a bit about structural mechanics as well !

Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

When’s the next exciting episode ? :D

Great video Toby, I envy you your space and equipment!  That lifting frame is really nicely made; i bet you could sell some of those to restoration shops…

Really enjoying your new journey Toby keep it up

paul

On 2/7/2024 at 12:53 AM, Jonny TR6 said:

That was such a good watch - certainly feels like we’re living it with you. Good job you know a bit about structural mechanics as well !

Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

When’s the next exciting episode ? :D

Thanks, Jonny, and for all the support and great ideas!

Episode 10 soon!

On 2/8/2024 at 3:07 AM, charlie74 said:

Great video Toby, I envy you your space and equipment!  That lifting frame is really nicely made; i bet you could sell some of those to restoration shops…

Thanks, Charlie, much appreciated. 

Yeah I think entirely possible to supply the kits, great if it helps people's builds. 

17 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

As a serial restorer myself Toby, I envy your space and skills. The video is the icing on the cake. Please keep it all coming as a real treat to watch.

Regards Harry

Thanks, Harry, I'm learning with the car and still lots of scary things to work out like welding, paint stripping, bodywork.... 

8 hours ago, Paul Hill said:

Really enjoying your new journey Toby keep it up

paul

Thanks, Paul, and for the YouTube comments too, much appreciated, good spot with the SD1! I'll try to include a bit in the next vid on the car. 

Edited by BaulyCars

That is an impressive frame.

If you do think of making more i am sure a group of us could share it amongst us. Even without a hoist it's a good bracing especially with the angle pieces fitted.

Roy

17 hours ago, roy53 said:

That is an impressive frame.

If you do think of making more i am sure a group of us could share it amongst us. Even without a hoist it's a good bracing especially with the angle pieces fitted.

Roy

Thanks, Roy, yeah you could certainly use the frame with an engine hoist too. The door braces are also set inwards (and separate from the A-pillar bracing) so a door can go back on later to check fit etc with the door brace still in. 

There seems to be a bit of interest in the kit so I'll get more made - rather than shipping it from here, it would be easier to get it laser cut and folded by a party in the UK.

Do you or anyone else know a good company I could approach?   

Hi Toby - plenty of places in the UK. These seem to have the right kit https://www.northwestwaterjet.co.uk/laser-cutting/?gclid=CjwKCAiAt5euBhB9EiwAdkXWOwBmb5A3joDOthbOb3mQ9vAREp6M_63gWSrliPgmMJfgqkGRSqmNbhoCEw8QAvD_BwE

I don’t personally know any so hopefully someone else can come up with a rec.

Cheers

Jonny

You'll have to modify your nice lifting frame at the rear where it picks up on the seat belt mountings. They are in a different place on the 5 & 6.

Jerry

4 hours ago, jerrytr5 said:

You'll have to modify your nice lifting frame at the rear where it picks up on the seat belt mountings. They are in a different place on the 5 & 6.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry, good spot, will need a little variation for that one.

Will certainly need to get it bolted into the TR6 to flush out any oddities. 

7 hours ago, Jonny TR6 said:

Hi Toby - plenty of places in the UK. These seem to have the right kit https://www.northwestwaterjet.co.uk/laser-cutting/?gclid=CjwKCAiAt5euBhB9EiwAdkXWOwBmb5A3joDOthbOb3mQ9vAREp6M_63gWSrliPgmMJfgqkGRSqmNbhoCEw8QAvD_BwE

I don’t personally know any so hopefully someone else can come up with a rec.

Cheers

Jonny

Yeah must be loads, this is a good start, thanks Jonny. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

Quick note (shameless plug!) to update that the Lifting & Bracing Frame is now available as a kit for those that kindly contacted me to express interest.

https://baulycars.com/product/tr4-6-bodyshell-lifting-bracing-kit/?wmc-currency=GBP

Any queries do let me know on here or at info@baulycars.com and I'm on Whatsapp too feel free to message or call +971504539112.

Cheers

Toby