Wishing Rich C-R a speedy recovery

Rich went in for a cartilage operation today.  I guess the size of his dinner at the East Saxon's group meet yesterday evening must have put too much load on his knee ! :D

Anyway I sincerely hope it went well, and especially think he deserves a bit of peace n' quiet rest, with our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Pete

All the best Richard.

Thank you guys! Back home and back on the forum - so far so good.

Having waited over 15 months of pointless messing about with physio (at home by myself) etc on the NHS before I even had an Xray ( which wasn't clear enough) and then waiting yet again for an MRI scan , and eventually being told I would need surgery to repair a torn cartilage ( which I knew from the very start as I had a similar issue 12 years ago and had an arthroscopy then!), I was the put on a waiting list which was about another year long.

I couldn't face that so decided to go private and what a difference from when I was in an NHS hospital a couple of ears ago - I know I'm lucky in that I could find the cost to do it, but I do despair about the state of the NHS and those who can't afford it

Cheers Rich  

Good luck with the recovery rich. 
then be diligent with the physio. 
did you get them to put some lead in your right foot whilst they were at it ?

take care. 

Good luck with the recovery Rich, as Hamish says and I will vouch for , do as you’re b….y well told with the physio,no ifs, no buts just do it.

Iain

Good to hear that your home again, and sounding like the procedure went well.  

I've only had private medical once ..when I needed a dentist due to an abscess, discovered by the cabin's pressure change during a flight across Europe. The dentist turned out to be an oriental lady who tilted the chair right the way back and steadied my head in her ample cleavage. Thankfully I remember that sensation very much more than the dentistry. There's much to recommend going private !

Best regards, Pete

On 4/28/2023 at 6:48 PM, rcreweread said:

Thank you guys! Back home and back on the forum - so far so good.

Having waited over 15 months of pointless messing about with physio (at home by myself) etc on the NHS before I even had an Xray ( which wasn't clear enough) and then waiting yet again for an MRI scan , and eventually being told I would need surgery to repair a torn cartilage ( which I knew from the very start as I had a similar issue 12 years ago and had an arthroscopy then!), I was the put on a waiting list which was about another year long.

I couldn't face that so decided to go private and what a difference from when I was in an NHS hospital a couple of ears ago - I know I'm lucky in that I could find the cost to do it, but I do despair about the state of the NHS and those who can't afford it

Cheers Rich  

Good decision Rich, add another few quid to some of your excellent parts - very few would mind !

Glad you believe in physio Richy, after the necessary surgical work it will be that which completes your recovery. Stick with it, enough time for a recovery prior to the IWE.

Mick Richards

Ample Cleavage , are you sure you were at the Dentist Pete ??

All the Best Rich,  you will soon be able to start Training again  !!

Conrad.

Thanks everyone for your kind words- I’m up and about , doing my exercises and trying to find Pete’s dentist!

Conrad- fortunately training will help me to get back to the pub, but in the meantime I need to keep my drinking arm in good fettle!

cheers Rich