Latest Devon Group “In the Garage”

Great stuff as usual. Love the wireless overdrive 

now I just need to know it’s frequency so I can trigger it during one of his runs :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Great stuff as usual. Love the wireless overdrive 

now I just need to know it’s frequency so I can trigger it during one of his runs :ph34r:

John couldn’t get his android phone to talk to his 123 distributor so we used my iPhone. With you operating his overdrive and me his timing we could properly slow him down:rolleyes:

A good read as usual Andy, I did similar with my manifold clamps, only I drilled & tapped M3, & inserted dome head M3 screws to space the clamp out.

Your method looks quicker !

Bob

What a good article on refreshing brakes. This is a topical subject for me - I’m doing it right now, on my 3A for much the same reason as Andrew.

I needed 8 bars/ 110psi of pressure to blow the pistons out of the calipers though, fortunately a bit less to get the pistons out of the master cylinders. No way would a bicycle pump have worked! The 4 caliper pistons as well as the seals need changing to raise my comfort level and it was a bit dismaying to see the state of the seals on the clutch mc, the brake mc was OK.

I too use silicon brake fluid, and am well satisfied with it, but it is indeed worth checking the state of corrosion from time to time.

james

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Thank you Andrew,
 a good read again.

Waldi

Thanks for the feedback Waldi   Sorry I haven’t managed a Dutch language version :-)

Glad that you enjoyed it. Feel free to send any contribution which you think might suit. 
I’ll come and find you at Shepton Mallet and match a face to the name. 

Edited by Drewmotty

Great production and interesting articles/ how to’s

glad to see you have a few contributions. All well written and photographed 

cheers

H

Excellent reading Andrew and thanks for sharing look forward to the next edition.

Just my opinion here but why can't TR Action take this on board and have equally good DIY articles each edition for folk who like to get their hands dirty. Essential for younger newer members to refer to.

Andy

12 hours ago, Drewmotty said:

There are 17 issues now all uploaded to the Register website. The magazine is welcome to use any of the items. 

Hi Andrew, interesting and fun to read.  Especially the practical tips/solutions coming up. Are the 'In The Garage' newsletters together under a separate section? Now it's a bit hard to find....maybe a direct link, if possible

Greetings Marcel

Edited by Quicksilver

I'm sad to see this article wasn't offered to TR Action, especially when Mike Jennings is so desperate for technical content, as I agree -  it's fantastic content. 

The TR Register is a car club with a magazine by the members for the members. 

It's my brief as Editor to deliver that by curating member's content. Yes I write a lot myself, such as features, news and national event reports - and the registrars work flat out to produce reports, GLs submit social scene and there are other regulars -  but the rest must come from the membership - that's the whole point of the magazine.

I'm aware of previous complaints when I have written "too much" - i.e Wayne's World etc etc so am dependant on membership sourced content more than ever. I also don't have access to every TR or workshop facilities, nor personnel to create technical content across every model of TR, every month. 

So, if you choose to publish your technical articles on the website rather than send them into TR Action, then it won't be the magazine (unless someone submits it) it will be online instead. Now, you might prefer that, and that's perfectly fine as well - as you know, I'm all for great online content. But that's the only reason it is not in TR Action, because we never got it. 

Although I do approach many members for the permissions to reproduce content they have created, I can't realistically search every website and page every day on the off-chance that I might be able to chase someone for permission to reproduce an article. Nor can I simply lift stuff off the web without permissions or the original high-res material. So if you'd like to see it in the magazine, if you have a great project you can share - please, please send it in! 

Our contacts are:

Wayne Scott (Editor): magazine@tr-register.co.uk 

Mike Jennings (Technical Editor) : technical@tr-register.co.uk 

Either myself or Mike are able to help with any articles, images and ideas - don't worry about being a good writer, we will sort it with you. 

Hi Wayne

Totally agree with your comments, could I suggest you and Mike Jennings make an appeal in TRA for more technical articles ,as the magazine reaches all of the membership rather than the website/forum which I believe is only accessed by 25% of the membership , it may prompt members to make more technical / hands on contributions.

Cheers Chris.