a different bodied TR

My heart aches...so lovely. Thank you Marco.

Mick Richards

Isnā€™t this in the doretti section ?

Added to dorettiĀ Ā racer thread.Ā 
a lovely car

You can think about how you want,

having this skills for such a project I wolud be VERY pleased!

By the way, did anybody at the UKĀ ever noticed a Fiat 850 Moretti (not a 330 ml Moretti)?

I love this "carousel" car very much.

Interesting that it has the early TR2 thermostat housing, which has been reproduced with the help of the Spares Development Fund, and is available from Pete Cox Sportscars.

Ian Cornish

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ken tells me it is an early Doretti, 1073, so the early thermostat housing is probably original unlike the body.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Cheers

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Richard

1 hour ago, Dic Doretti said:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ken tells me it is an early Doretti, 1073, so the early thermostat housing is probably original unlike the body.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Cheers

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Richard

Looks like the wrong radiator as the top hose is at an angle. Ā  Was that not the difference when the big thermo housing was replaced, the header tank inlet moved sideways a bit?

1 hour ago, Dic Doretti said:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Cheers

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Richard

Looks like the wrong radiator as the top hose is at an angle. Ā  Was that not the difference when the big thermo housing was replaced, the header tank inlet moved sideways a bit? Ā  Interesting inlet manifold. Ā  Looks like the sameĀ one piece casting we have on the 42s but Isoponned to 4 stubs to give longer inlet tracksĀ Nice to have room to do that. Ā  Come back fuel standoff all is forgiven.

A3C6E3A0-673B-47B1-9611-B566CFCA09FF.jpeg

19 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Looks like the wrong radiator as the top hose is at an angle. Ā  Was that not the difference when the big thermo housing was replaced, the header tank inlet moved sideways a bit?

Correct, early rad to suit that thermo housing had the top hose inlet in the centre of the header tank, it was moved over when the later housing was introduced. Though it is a custom made ally rad but they could still have moved the stub over.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart