New adventure begins in France!

Strength to strength! Found the wiring problem with the fan, and ran the engine for 30 minutes today to ensure no overheating. During that time, tried to set the ignition timing, but my brand new timing lamp didn't work! If it's not one thing, it's another.

Blair

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real progress! The engine is tuned and running smoothly, and I put the car in gear for the first time and went through them, checking the brakes as well, while it was on the lift. Next step is the final paint job, and then I can begin final assembly. My question is this:

Should I try and drive this car before it goes to paint? There is no interior, no windscreen, no door, bonnet or boot catches, it's a motor and body panels on a chassis. What does the collective wisdom suggest?

Happy New Year to all!

Blair

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from Burgundy in the snow. My car is at the paint shop being finished before final assembly: exterior parts, interior, and soft top. During its absence I took the opportunity to clean the garage, and I have quite a few parts that may be of interest. Being that I'm in France, any suggestions about the best way to sell them? Range from brand new 18ACR alternator to original rear drive axles (with rebuild kit) to lots of small - but original - bits and pieces. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Blair

Edited by BlairP
21 hours ago, BlairP said:

Greetings from Burgundy in the snow. My car is at the paint shop being finished before final assembly: exterior parts, interior, and soft top. During its absence I took the opportunity to clean the garage, and I have quite a few parts that may be of interest. Being that I'm in France, any suggestions about the best way to sell them? Range from brand new 18ACR alternator to original rear drive axles (with rebuild kit) to lots of small - but original - bits and pieces. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Blair

Talk to Eclem on here as he is in France and maybe able to give them a home.

Stuart.

• 1 year later...

Greetings all from Burgundy. After months and months of wrestling with the electrical system and the new control box from Classic Technologies (which is fantastic, now that I've wired it correctly!), my car is finished for all intents and purposes. It's awaiting its certificate from France's classic-car organization so it can be titled and licensed, and get on the road!

I still have to install the soft top on the frame, but I'm waiting for warmer weather to do that. Here are some pics, which show that anything is possible with enough brute force and awkwardness.

Blair

AG.jpg

AD.jpg

moteur.jpg

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

Lovely job Blair, the interior looks the part. Enjoy!

Andy

Congratulations on the finished car it looks really good, I bet you can’t wait to take it out to tour around your local vineyard’s 

Fabulous you’re now done Blair and big :D for a beautiful TR6!

9 hours ago, Jonny TR6 said:

Very nice - but why no newspaper on the engine pic ?

The newspaper was used to show the French classic car organisation the recent date of the pictures; wasn't required for the engine.

11 hours ago, Jonny TR6 said:

Very nice - but why no newspaper on the engine pic ?

Didn’t want the paper to get oil on it, makes it hard to read :P

Just one thing Blair.

It's never finished until you have suffered the experience of fitting the window winder handles and pins!

No cheating now by omitting the springs :P

Lovely job.

Andy