1965 TR4A progress and restoration

For 'phone pics (who uses a camera these days?) I use Google MyDrive.

My Android phone sends them to MyDrive and I download  them from there to my PC.   So I have them stored on phone in the Cloud and on PC.

If they are too big to send from  PC, then Microsoft "Paint" (comes with Windows) has a "Resize" option (under "Home")

John

Edited by john.r.davies
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TBH it looks like a pretty good basis to start with, the dent your on about in the arch is supposed to be there and you are missing the wing beadings on top of front and rear wings. The dash you have

Jase, I know these are strange times but I also live in Bridgend and have a 1962 TR4 and would normally offer you the opportunity to come and use as a reference or just a chat. Have you cont

Having spent quite a lot of time going through the car I decided to do an essential run today and drive it for the first time and pick up some petrol, just a few shots back on the drive and my essenti

Posted Images

You can also do exactly what Rich said to resize on your phone and upload directly to the forum from your phone. In my case beware of many spelling errors when I use my phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Back on the 4A, can I tap the overdrive drain plug off with a piece of wood, I know there is a special tool but I don’t have one.

IMG_0059.jpeg

Edited by Jase
16 minutes ago, Jase said:

Back on the 4A, can I tap the overdrive drain plug off with a piece if wood, I know there us a special tool byt I don’t have one.

IMG_0059.jpeg

Not usually theyre pretty tight, a push bike "C" spanner will do it.

Stuart.

Not really there isn't a refill plug in the O/D.

It shares oil with the gearbox, so fill the passenger side plug on the GB- let it flow into the o/d and check the levels

Michael H

2 hours ago, Jase said:

Thanks, states 2.5 pints in the manual with o/d

You`ll need to top the box up to what it will take then drive round for a bit using the overdrive as much as possible and then top up again.

Stuart.

47 minutes ago, Jase said:

Thanks Stuart, I would say less than a pint came out

Yes but you only drained the overdrive I take it? In which case thats about what it would take with a little cross drain from the box.

Stuart.

18 hours ago, Jase said:

No drained both Stuart, very low

If you got less than a pint out then your lucky the box hadnt seized and Im surprised the overdrive worked too.

Stuart.

14 hours ago, Jase said:

Routing the fuel pipe through next, I seem to have too much? I have the Automec kit.

Are you routing it like this https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/fuel-system-induction-controls/tanks-pumps-pipes/fuel-tank-pipes-pump-tr4-4a-1961-67.html

The lower one on the diagram is for a 4a where it goes through and alongside the centre part of the chassis.

Photo here although its of a 5 chassis the routing is the same.

Stuart.

Marks TR5 646.jpg

Yes, figured I would copy the one I have just taken out. The exception to the diagram is that the pipe to the tank is a lot longer.

Edit, short pipe from the tank to a petrol pipe hose to the longer pipe.

Edited by Jase

Tank in and checked for leaks, now it is a battle with the refill plug on the gearbox. Going to try to pick up a square 7/16 brake adjuster today for the job.

Edited by Jase
2 hours ago, Jase said:

Good to be able to access and check everything.

IMG_0058.jpeg

Didnt quite catch all the oil then?;)

Stuart.

All back together and working so far, spin on filter seems to be leak free at the moment.

However I have a significant drip from the bottom of the bell housing, has been there for a while but as I can see the drip on the ramp thought I would ask, guessing it is the crankshaft seal???

Edited by Jase
13 hours ago, Jase said:

All back together and working so far, spin on filter seems to be leak free at the moment.

However I have a significant drip from the bottom of the bell housing, has been there for a while but as I can see the drip on the ramp thought I would ask, guessing is is the crankshaft seal???

Could be or it could be rear main seal or rocker cover seal or camshaft end core plug. Take your pick. Also check if its engine oil or gearbox oil.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thanks Stuart, I need to adjust the tappets but it looks pretty dry at the top of the engine, good point, I assumed it was engine oil, will check the smell next time I’m on the car. Will save that job for when I rebuild the engine some time in the future. Will try the obvious bits first. Thanks