Has anyone fitted a spin-on filter adaptor to their 4-pot engine and if so what are your thoughts has losing the oil pressure regulator on top of the filter housing made any difference?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

why would you lose the pressure regulator.?

Roger

PS - it attaches between the filter and the housing

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/engine/oil-system

Edited by RogerH

Before fitting one of these there is a modification I have done (to 2 so far) which greatly reduces the risk of them leaking.

I have written it up, & have submitted to the magazine, but do not yet know when (or if) it will be published.

I can send the .PDF to anyone interested via email or PM, but will hold off putting it on here until I know it will not be published in the mag.

Bob.

James,

Hope all is good with you.

Agreed not cheap, but it does include an oil cooler

facility, doing away with the double sealing required

for the sandwich block and also gives a bit more

space around the filter head.

AlanR

Same here- fitted the Moss one, no problems.

+1 been on car for over 10 years now, never had a leak or problem replacing filter.

Chris

I bought a spin-on unit in 2005, but after repeated problems with leaks, reverted to the old tin can. Perhaps, being an early version, it was not as well-engineered as the more recent versions, but I don't feel inclined to have another go. The tin can is a fiddle - but it's only once a year and I can put up with that having been doing it for some 55 years.

Ian Cornish

• 2 months later...

Well I see my article has got into TRaction. Shame most of the photos are rotated, & not in the right order !

I also notice that the captions on the following article about re-building a 3A are not all correct for the photo in question.

It seems to me that someone technical should give the final copy a once over before it goes to print ?

Bob.

Well I see my article has got into TRaction. Shame most of the photos are rotated, & not in the right order !

I also notice that the captions on the following article about re-building a 3A are not all correct for the photo in question.

It seems to me that someone technical should give the final copy a once over before it goes to print ?

Bob.

Tried that and gave up as I never got to see any of them.

Stuart.

Andrew,See here http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/partsxx/cm4255for what I use. Not cheap, but it does work.David

Yes probably a bit more expensive but looks a nice bit of kit & will be of quality if from Cambridge MS. You once again probably get what you pay for!

Cheers.