Anyone else get TR ing weather today

Hi all

Much to my surprise the sun shine brightly down on the Sussex coast today, so after all that torrential rain and wind, I decided to take the TR4a out for a good hour run up along Eastbourne seafront, and over Beachy Head to East Dean village, and very pleasant it was too.

Cold and crisp, but made for a lovely post Christmas outing. I gather some parts have had heavy snow further north? Anyone else manage a TRip out?

Kevin

Hi Kev,

me and Sue popped off to the Cotswold's and had lunch at the Fox at Little Rissington.

Very nice meal and just the one beer.

In 4 or 6 weeks time this pub will be surrounded by acres of Snowdrops.

It is surprising how quickly the sun goes down and the temp plummets.

Roger

Hi Kev,

me and Sue popped off to the Cotswold's and had lunch at the Fox at Little Rissington.

Roger

Good to hear Roger, that mustve been quite a few miles for a round trip ? ( my geography is not that great..)

Youre right about the temp, drops like a stone, but unless its my imagination the quality of daylight seems much brighter this side of the winter solstice compared to a few days prior to it?

Kevin

I had a lovely blast around surrey in my ‘6, roof down and listening to the musical exhaust

Steve

Hi Kev,

Roger

I would have thought that in little Rissington it would be absolutely P----- ouring with rain :ph34r:

I think I spent a week at an RAF base there when I was a cadet ?

Bob.

Pouring with rain this morning, which is good 'cos it will wash all the salt away, ready for the next few dry (warmish) days, including TVG meet on Sunday, & Brooklands on Monday :)

Bob.

I would have thought that in little Rissington it would be absolutely P----- ouring with rain :ph34r:

I think I spent a week at an RAF base there when I was a cadet ?

Bob.

Hi Bob,

no RAF camp at Little Rissington. Oh yes there is !!!! However Brize Norton is only a few miles away.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Hi Kev,

Roger

I think it is Greater Barrington not Little Rissington but who cares.

It was quite snowy out there but beautifully clear and crisp with a bright blue sky. Of course we only ever have the Surry roof on if its tipping it down ( in True London Group TRadition - as was).

post-5419-0-72273100-1514542562_thumb.png

post-5419-0-66107100-1514545385_thumb.png

post-5419-0-05957500-1514545694_thumb.png

post-5419-0-65007800-1514545817_thumb.png

Edited by SuzanneH

I chickened out as I thought the roads would be wet &/or salty! I am about 30 minutes from The Fox too! Never mind we had a nice walk instead. Hoping to get out to the New Year's Day gathering @ the Classic Motor Hub near Bibury if the weather holds.

Cheers.

Went out on Boxing Day, up to the South Lakes Motor Museum. 180 mile round trip. Set off in snow and within 2ml got behind the gritter (oh dear)....to late now. Pushed on a bit in sleet and rain. About 30/35 car's there.

Had a run round Windermere after then headed off home into a lovely sunset. Enjoyed the day apart from the gritter.

Had to wash off on top and underneath next day, that was bloody cold and wet, couldn't feel my hands or feet.

Dave

Edited by nowtelse2do

Hi Folks,

next two days scuppered by a rear brake cylinder seal leak.

No spare, none in the local shops, fiddle sticks.

Tomorrow I shall take it all to pieces, give it a serious clean and repaint and then on Tuesday do the rebuild.

I shall get new cylinders for both sides, I'm sure the near side will go pretty soon.

I really wanted to get out tomorrow and Monday.

Roger

Hi Folks,

next two days scuppered by a rear brake cylinder seal leak.

No spare, none in the local shops, fiddle sticks.

Tomorrow I shall take it all to pieces, give it a serious clean and repaint and then on Tuesday do the rebuild.

I shall get new cylinders for both sides, I'm sure the near side will go pretty soon.

I really wanted to get out tomorrow and Monday.

Roger

Cant you rob the ones off the 4 for the minute Roger?

Stuart.