Another scam?

The Scammers actually "pray" on human greed and desperation to buy cheap before anyone else can get there!

It's obviously worth their while doing it as even a number of TR Register members have been tricked into parting with "deposits" recently because they thought they were buying a bargain!!

Beware, why would anyone want to buy a classic car without seeing it anyway, you're asking for trouble even if the car exists.....it could be a pile of junk if you don't inspect it properly.....

What do I know :ph34r:

The Scammers actually "pray" on human greed and desperation to buy cheap before anyone else can get there!

It's obviously worth their while doing it as even a number of TR Register members have been tricked into parting with "deposits" recently because they thought they were buying a bargain!!

Beware, why would anyone want to buy a classic car without seeing it anyway, you're asking for trouble even if the car exists.....it could be a pile of junk if you don't inspect it properly.....

What do I know :ph34r:

Sometimes I'm sure it's the thrill of a bargain. With my buddy and the Triumph 'bike, it was the fact that it was priced right in the reasonable range, not super-cheap, for an attractive item that helped snare him in their scam.

I'm sure the pic of the £11500 one has been lifted from an old Moss or Rimmer's parts catalogue!

Steve

Could be another one. Red TR6 on e:bay KHP205N for sale for £ 9750 in Barnstaple Devon

Was sold at Historic's @ Brookands in May 2012 for £ 12500. Exactly the same pictures and the sellers English is not very good

So BE CAREFUL :ph34r:

Rex

And RMS 633G is back on from Middlesborough same car different seller :ph34r:

Edited by Rex Wyer

I think I read of new software than can recognise photographs from the pixels themselves, not the 'legend'. That would help in evaluating rogue adverts. Can't find where I read about it..

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Doesn't Google image search do that now, Peter?

Don, thanks, didnt know that. Found and add-on for Google Images that works on Firefox. Peter

Or a quick way for the less technologically unchallenged...

Right click on the photo of the car.

Select "copy image address" (you might have to click the image to get a full size render and then copy the address)

Go to images.google.com

in RHS of the search bar embedded in that page is a little camera icon

Click on it, and paste the image URL in the box (right click>paste)

it will then show you all the instances of that image that it has found on the web.

Edited by stallie

KHP 205N

Already removed from ebay!?

Hopefully constant vigilance/notification is assisting, won't help people not looking on this site and I guess the potential "guest" forum using scammers will find other ways to deceive.

Or a quick way for the less technologically unchallenged...

Right click on the photo of the car.

Select "copy image address" (you might have to click the image to get a full size render and then copy the address)

Go to images.google.com

in RHS of the search bar embedded in that page is a little camera icon

Click on it, and paste the image URL in the box (right click>paste)

it will then show you all the instances of that image that it has found on the web.

Stallie, Great, thanks. Peter

No probs Peter - nice to be able make a small repayment for all your (and others') TR knowledge that I've received over the years with something useful!

• 2 weeks later...

It's back

TR6 RMS 633G back on ebay at £5k - far too cheap but I bet someone will fall for it. You would think that ebay could do something about this.

Just looked at his other items for sale, some cheaply priced vehicles, all of which I would bet he doesn't own.

It's back

TR6 RMS 633G back on ebay at £5k - far too cheap but I bet someone will fall for it. You would think that ebay could do something about this.

Just looked at his other items for sale, some cheaply priced vehicles, all of which I would bet he doesn't own.

Wow I just can't believe the scale on this one opperation and the fact they have gone to the trouble to build a feedback profile as well, (but when you look at this most items are low value)

ATB Graham

• 3 weeks later...

There's another incredibly cheap '73 CP on flea bay looks too good to be true at £9,900...

The seller has 1000 feedback score, and is advertising lots of commercial plant& machinery, yet the feedback is for anything, and everything except that.

Beware!!!