Another scam?

What happens if you call to ask about these, a request for a deposit or what would usually happen?

Magnus

Interesting. The carmine red TR6 at the link below looks to be taken outside John Andon Classic Cars' workshop at EE Holloway in Byfleet, Surrey.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TR6-RED-1970-/281944224130?hash=item41a52f7182:g:SbsAAOSwPc9WzSB6

The workshop closed a few years ago, so the photos must be pretty old too. The original pics can be found at the below link. Incredible what these scammers will try.

http://www.johnandonclassiccars.co.uk/tr-6-1969/

I note that the two are still on e:bay plus another red one ( Roger ) which is for sale in Middlesborough for £ 5500

Reg no RMS 633G looks lovely but too cheap by far :ph34r:

Rex

I have just inquired about this one , below is what i have been offered,

I will not be able to arrange cash on delivery service but eBay will provide us a safe and convenient way to proceed. I will agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the car ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the car for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the car back on my cost!
You can read more about it following the link below:
seems quite safe if i do it through PayPal.
comments??

IT'S A CAR, IT'S PURCHASE NOT COVERED BY EBAY/PAYPAL . . . .

THE OFFER IS A SCAM.

Cheers

Alec

yes that's what i thought, how ever, this is what i have just received

Full service history present. The PayPal payment will be fully insured because I have signed/accepted the 7 day return policy and no payment will be released until you finish the inspection of vehicle.

I can easily raise a transaction with eBay&PayPal and the official invoice will show you the return policy terms and conditions. Amy
How can they scam this ??if it is a delayed payment through PayPal?

Its a scam, doesnt matter what cobblers they are telling you. Think about it with a price that cheap.

Stuart.

hi Stuart,

yes it is obliviously a scam, know one would sell a 6 in that condition for that amount of money, i am just curious to know how the scam works using a delayed payment .

the car exists according to DVLA, it is taxed and MOT'd till July.

i have offered to go and view it , that should be interesting, !!

Delayed payment through PayPal? I have never heard that PayPal offer this kind of service. Anyway these scams comes in all sorts of shapes and forms. What will probably happen after the PayPal payment is that all communication stops. And the money will have been transferred from the PayPal account to a bank account, and to another bank account and so on... No money, no car.

And PayPal does not give refunds on cars so then all is lost.

Edited by TRseks

RMS 633G on ebay is a scam, there my photo's from a car I sold to a chap from Leeds, I have reported it to ebay, but they take

days to remove it, ebay is full of scams so be careful.

thanks Mark, nice looking car, shame its the subject of a scam, the seller has told me the car is currently in Dundee

and is offering free delivery!!

Doesn't matter what the "pretend seller" tells you - as mentioned above, Paypal do not cover vehicles (or horse boxes apparently !)

I'm still baffled by how slow ebay are to reacted to these scams, even after the have been reported.

thanks Mark, nice looking car, shame its the subject of a scam, the seller has told me the car is currently in Dundee

and is offering free delivery!!

There nearly always miles away so that you can not just pop round to view, that way you leave a deposit on a car that does not exist, ask how I know, usually fort William in Scotland, heard of a few involving tr6's from Mr PC plod, never pay a penny until you see what your buying or you have checked them out.

I have just inquired about this one , below is what i have been offered,

I will not be able to arrange cash on delivery service but eBay will provide us a safe and convenient way to proceed. I will agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the car ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the car for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the car back on my cost!
You can read more about it following the link below:
seems quite safe if i do it through PayPal.
comments??

When you have unanimous opinion of a bunch of smart guys telling you to run not walk away from these scams, just trust them. Never send a penny for a car that you or someone you trust hasn't seen.

These scammers are good at playing on your desire to believe. Never buy a car with your heart -- you'll get screwed every time.

When you have unanimous opinion of a bunch of smart guys telling you to run not walk away from these scams, just trust them. Never send a penny for a car that you or someone you trust hasn't seen.

These scammers are good at playing on your desire to believe. Never buy a car with your heart -- you'll get screwed every time.

hi Don

I knew it was a scam from the beginning, just wanted to see how far they would go, the free delivery offer was ridiculous, who would transport a car 600 miles for no payment!!!

Glad to hear that, Tony. Too many people are getting tricked these days. A friend of mine here in the US, a very smart guy, recently got scammed on a vintage Triumph motorbike, he's kicking himself for being too quick to believe and not doing simple things like Google image searches on any prospective purchase.