Hello from Sussex

Just bought my first TR6, allways wanted one and finally took the plunge, she's Royal Blue with Mohair hood and rebuilt uprated motor, ive not driven it yet as recovering from a near fatal motorcycle crash, will prob start improving the old girl but to start with she just needs a grill and second rear box, body is very clean and I have a list of mods in mind, have full garage facilities with chassis and engine dyno and full fabrication facilities, great forum this appears to be and i'll prob join the register as well.

Just bought my first TR6, allways wanted one and finally took the plunge, she's Royal Blue with Mohair hood and rebuilt uprated motor, ive not driven it yet as recovering from a near fatal motorcycle crash, will prob start improving the old girl but to start with she just needs a grill and second rear box, body is very clean and I have a list of mods in mind, have full garage facilities with chassis and engine dyno and full fabrication facilities, great forum this appears to be and i'll prob join the register as well.

Welcome to the forum and to TR6 ownership. Nice looking car, should turn you into JohnnyBigGrin shortly and congrats on surviving the crash.

Stan

Hi JD,

welcome to the forum. Joining the TR Reg will be the best £44 car improvement you can get.

Go along to your local group - Knowledge, inspiration, chat, beer.

Depending on where in Sussex, you have Thames Valley, GoodWood, SouthDowns - all in easy reach.

Nice looking car.

Roger

Welcome, and yes you will enjoy your lovely looking beast. I note you seem to have a full kitbag as well, no doubt that will come in useful.

Welcome to the Forum and hopefully the TR Register too.

Glad you survived the crash and being an ex-biker I know how long it can take to recover from sliding it down the road, but not on your scale though!

Your car looks good and is the colour I was originally after when I was looking for my third TR6 in 2010 (the two previous cars were red, so didn't want another!) but failed miserably to find a half decent one in Royal Blur or Sapphire for my £10k - £12k budget, but bagged myself an excellent car up north in Pimento - so never turn down a good car even if it's not your first or second colour choice!

Enjoy your car and maybe post a few more photos, we like that on here........................

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Welcome along "Johnny Dangerous" - You're certainly living up to your name after that horrendous bike crash and I hope you are well on the mend to enjoy your life and your TR6 - nice colour.

Join the register for sure, while as the Forum is a great area for info and a bit of banter too, the membership fee is a small price to pay for the support and comradeship you'll find in the Register.

Enjoy

Cheers

Rob

Thanks guys, I am near Brighton as far as meetings go but the car will live at Gatwick. List of intended mods will prob be (to start)

Change grill to stock and relocate plate

fit 2nd back box (I hate the single one it looks like the other fell off)

seats redone in leather

a couple of badges

speaker box behind seats

Roller rockers, skim head and throttle body injection (we may use triple webers as the TB's and hide the injectors)

new door skin

and one thing im not too sure of, the rear valance is body colour, if it was any other colour its a no brainer but I dont know if I will do the panel satin black.

pic5.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic8.jpg

Greetings and Welcome.

Interesting car.

Is the 'H' registration (1970) a cherished number as the body, engine, instruments etc look to me to be post '73?

Nice to see another working TR, just get out there and drive it rather than polish and pose. Just remember the parts book does not include a plinth.

Cheers

Peter W

Edit: just noticed the comments above whilst scribbling this.............

JD,

Please don't take this the wrong way and I’m not being critical of your car or wanting to piss on your fire, but what model is your car as it sits on a H plate indicating 1969/70 and therefore an early CP (a 150 bhp model) as does the commission plate on the NS inner wing as later CRs models (125 bhp: 73 -76) were on the driver's B-post. CP cars also had a vent flap (which I think yours has?) and CRs had a black vent grille; other minor details also indicate yours to be a CP car.

However, the throttle bodies are from the later model CR car, i.e. twin balancing tubes, and it also has CR door cards and dash i.e. CR switches and clocks with chrome surrounds whereas CP cars were black and all the switches were the rocker type?

Many details and components can and do change over the life of a TR6 as many parts are interchangeable between CP and the later CR cars, and even saloons - do you know the history of the car and what has been done to it?

What is the chassis and engine number, it is a UK car or US import?

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Edit: just noticed the comments above whilst scribbling this.............

JD,

Please don't take this the wrong way and I’m not being critical of your car or wanting to piss on your fire, but what model is your car as it sits on a H plate indicating 1969/70 and therefore an early CP (a 150 bhp model) as does the commission plate on the NS inner wing as later CRs models (125 bhp: 73 -76) were on the driver's B-post. CP cars also had a vent flap (which I think yours has?) and CRs had a black vent grille; other minor details also indicate yours to be a CP car.

However, the throttle bodies are from the later model CR car, i.e. twin balancing tubes, and it also has CR door cards and dash i.e. CR switches and clocks with chrome surrounds whereas CP cars were black and all the switches were the rocker type?

Many details and components can and do change over the life of a TR6 as many parts are interchangeable between CP and the later CR cars, and even saloons - do you know the history of the car and what has been done to it?

What is the chassis and engine number, it is a UK car or US import?

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks guys, wow you lot sure know your TR's, it is a 69 in the log book, has a ream of history at Enginuity who looked after it for 5 years or so and rebuilt the REPLACMENT engine (maybe it had the TW prob and lunched the original block) I have one PO's phone number from the late 90's so will call it later. Luckily the non correct guages etc dont overly bother me I just love the shape of the car and the fact I have a relativley clean car, maybe it was restored and updated in the 80's or something and they just went for what was available.

A couple of comments from your earlier post..

I think the rear panel looks better in satin black and I would not personally be in a hurry to replace the Lucas PI unless it is beyond hope. The mechanical PI is a unique feature of these cars and if it is properly sorted it will perform as well as anything else that you can bolt on. Sure TBI/EFI may be a bit more reliable and DCOE's look cool but how many other cars are out there with mechanically timed fuel injection..

stan

Again, thanks for the help and advice, I think the body is a 69 for sure because it has the opening vent, carpets look pretty new, hood is new and it says in the history and prices a replacement engine, what should the guages and door cards look like ? Pics anyone! Heres some pics of my other toys as you guys like pics.

P1010501.jpg

P1010460.jpg

Broken busa

photo2.jpg

My trick R1

R1.jpg

RV

smallercopy.jpg

A couple of comments from your earlier post..

I think the rear panel looks better in satin black and I would not personally be in a hurry to replace the Lucas PI unless it is beyond hope. The mechanical PI is a unique feature of these cars and if it is properly sorted it will perform as well as anything else that you can bolt on. Sure TBI/EFI may be a bit more reliable and DCOE's look cool but how many other cars are out there with mechanically timed fuel injection..

stan

Do you think the panel will notice much on a dark blue car???

Im not seeing the diff in the guages but the doors are completly different, can the 69 panels and top cap be fitted on mine.

The gauges have black surrounds and the faces are different. The windscreen washer is the rocker type, not a pull type - yes, you can probably fit the CP door cards and door top pull/capping.

Cheers

Andrew