Hello from Sussex

Greetings and Welcome.

Interesting car.

Is the 'H' registration (1970) a cherished number as the body, engine, instruments etc look to me to be post '73?

Nice to see another working TR, just get out there and drive it rather than polish and pose. Just remember the parts book does not include a plinth.

Cheers

Peter W

Found a place in the US that sell plinths and am going to get a new grill with good plinth from enginuity.

I'm up for that, as would be others I'm sure............................

Cheers

Andrew

Always a good day/night and we have a large awning outside so the BBQ does not get effected if it rains, did children in need and a charity day a while ago and the chidren in need went on till 2 in the morning, would you say an evening or sunday one, I suppose the evening limits the turnout as people will travel a fair way on a sunday just to go for a drive. We would need a min of say 10 cars to commit @ say £25 per car for dyno runs and BBQ, we have a large shop and if any cars show problems the owners are more tthan welcome to use the facilities and tools and re dyno the car for no extra cost. Would be a good way of getting to know everyone.

Re the rear panel, the contrast will be less on a dark blue car but the satin black paint job on the rear is part of the TR6 design just like the back grill on the front.

By painting the rear end satin black and applying the paint the way the factory did it has the effect of making the car look wider and lower. Its up to you of course, it will still look good painted body color but it wont look like a TR6.

Nice collection btw, love the RV.

Stan

Looking through the rimmer bros catalogue it looks like the door caps even on later cars have a pull panel, should mine have these?

http://www.rimmerbro...m--i-GRID009169

Your door tops should have the pull facility though a lot of people go for the earlier TR4 type of pull handle to save wear ant tear on the tops. Best place to buy the tops is from TR Shop as they are virtually identical copies of originals.Same for door panels.

Nice colour BTW.

Stuart.

Just checked the paperwork and its first reg was 69, chassis number is CP263660

JD,

There are too many numbers - there should only be 5, but assuming the first three are correct then this puts your car in the 69 production run given the last 69 model TR6 produced was CP26998 built on 10 Oct 69. :rolleyes: Best way to get confirmation is to buy a Heritage Certificate from BMIHT which will give you the specification your car left the factory (most of us have them), see: http://www.heritage-...sis-number.html and should you want a 'formal copy' too to present to the DVLA etc for any reason, then see: http://www.heritage-...icate-copy.html

What's the engine number and do you have overdrive on 2, 3, 4 or 3 and 4?

Bloody hell - I have too much time on my hands and really must get out more and I will, once I get rid of these crutches! :(

As for the dyno/BBQ, a weekend might suit most - even those with a bit further to travel.

Cheers

Andrew

That will be CP26366 and the 0 is for overdrive, common DVLA mistake as their computers cant distinguish between 0 and O :angry:

Stuart.

Hello Johnny and welcome to the Forum,

I belong to the South Downs Group and we would love to meet you and your car. Our next meeting is at the Five Bells, Chailey, next Tuesday 13 Nov from 8pm. It is on the A275, BN8 4DH. That meeting is also our AGM but that doesn't take long and there'll be plenty of time to chat and drink beer.

There are lots of TR6 gurus who can help with your queries but my initial advice - for what it's worth - is to drive and enjoy the car as it is and improve it as and when you want. TR6s are not rare and there is no need to become a slave to originality if you don't want to!

Welcome to the clan

Willie Felger

'59 TR3A

'72 CP TR6