Happy Birthday Don, have a good one wherever you are.

Stuart.

Happy Birthday Don, hope you have a great day! Maybe see you at Malvern this year?
Cheers
Ian

Edited by Hamish
Repeat post

Hi guys — thanks for the birthday wishes.

It was a good one. And a TR one of sorts. 

After 35 years in Saint Louis, in the middle of the USA, and almost 25 years in the same house, I’m relocating to outside Santa Fe, New Mexico. A thousand miles further southwest in the high desert at 6100+ ft elevation. 

My birthday was the first day of a trip in a 22 ft box truck with the TR3B on a flat trailer to start moving in. Mostly workshop stuff and TR this time. Pros will handle most of the other stuff. 

Kind of a pain, but we and everything else made it. 

The TR is running relatively well. I need to trace an electrical problem in the overdrive when I get time. 

As I get settled in here there’s no travel outside the US the rest of this year.  The Goodwood Members Meeting next spring is a the next best chance, but I gotta find a new B&B in Chichester as my lovely octogenarian hosts have finally retired. Rod and Diana, if you have any suggestions, let me know!

Photos attached of my friend shuttling the TR as I drove the truck to pick up the trailer and of our convoy of box truck, TR3B, and Lexus RX entering New Mexico. 

7CDD1CFB-A085-4BFD-BDB4-5A3CC806DA46.jpeg

7DF22074-858F-4803-A18F-89271A92DA6A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Don H. said:

After 35 years in Saint Louis, in the middle of the USA, and almost 25 years in the same house, I’m relocating to outside Santa Fe, New Mexico. A thousand miles further southwest in the high desert at 6100+ ft elevation. 

My birthday was the first day of a trip in a 22 ft box truck with the TR3B on a flat trailer to start moving in. Mostly workshop stuff and TR this time. Pros will handle most of the other stuff. 

The TR is running relatively well. I need to trace an electrical problem in the overdrive when I get time. 

As I get settled in here there’s no travel outside the US the rest of this year.  The Goodwood Members Meeting next spring is a the next best chance, but I gotta find a new B&B in Chichester as my lovely octogenarian hosts have finally retired. Rod and Diana, if you have any suggestions, let me know!

Photos attached of my friend shuttling the TR as I drove the truck to pick up the trailer and of our convoy of box truck, TR3B, and Lexus RX entering New Mexico. 

Good place to move to Don, you`ll never have to worry about anything going rusty ever again and you`ll have lots of sunshine. mind hope youve got good cold weather gear for the winter. Hope you settle in well.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
3 hours ago, Don H. said:

Hi Don and belated birthday wishes. I was thinking about you, Len and Cath  a couple of weeks ago, wondering if they were still around. I thought that they would have closed the B&B years ago. Still, you had a good run. From what I can gather the accommodation prices for the Goodwood dates have gone berserk. We stayed a few years at the Nags Head in Chichester which was reasonably priced at that time but since our last visit, about 10 years ago, I believe the prices have almost quadrupled. Such is life.

enjoy your new home!

Best regards, Rodney.

Hello Don

Good to hear from you and hope the move has gone/is going smoothly.

There is a lady in our village that does B&B but we are 12 miles from Goodwood so that probably wouldn't suit you if you are without your own transport. We'll ask around for you for somewhere in Chichester but living here it's not something we have too much experience of. You would of course be welcome to stay with us if you could put up with being out in the sticks.

Rod

Good luck with the move Don, sorry you won’t be at the Revival, hopefully catch-up in 25 at the Members meeting.

Iain

Hi DEon,

I TRust your move to NM will be all that you want.  It sounds wonderful. I would be expecting John Wayne at al to be next door.

Good luck

Roger