This has been a long journey getting the right car, and one car that I dismissed back in October, I made the effort to travel 5.5hrs to take a look at.

Initially I was put off by the amount of underseal used on the chassis, but Tom at TR Enterprises got it to their workshops and reassured me it was actually in very good shape.

I immediately fell in love with the car and it drove better than all the other cars I tried up to this point. Extremely smooth and no crunching or rattling through the gears, and the brakes actually worked!

The Driver’s Paddock, the garage where I purchased the car from happily agreed to keep the car for me until I built my new garage, and I took ownership of the vehicle last Friday.

So firstly I wanted to say a huge thanks to Tom and Simon at TR Enterprises, what an amazing setup!

secondly, one niggling point - the passenger door doesn’t fully engage into the striker plate. It closes flush, but it opens up by half an inch following a drive, or you can pull the handle and it pulls out half an inch. Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone and their input on this epic journey!

And lastly, shots of the car…

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0159.jpeg

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

Nice looking car ,I believe the door should have two clicks ,when closing slowly you should be able to hear this if not a slight adjustment might be needed or the lock could be tired/worn maybe some wd40 etc will help as it’s been  sitting  .

Nick

Lovely perfect timing for a fabulous summer of TR’ing fun

Very Well Done and many congratulations 

Especially love the colour- Primrose?

John.

1 hour ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Very smart.

The only other thing I would consider if the car does not have one is an emergency bonnet release system.   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181728713822

Already fitted by the looks of it.

Stuart.

Door striker is not adjusted right or the lock internal spring is failing, the striker plate screws should be very tight so be careful not to round off when adjusting and use a big screwdriver to tighten after adjustment.

Stuart.

Congratulation, a car with shure some work to do.

I see the radiator cardboard is missing, the car is a bit high and I would check first 

what the previous owner painted on the brake drums.

Hopefully not the surface in contact with the wire wheels adapter!

Ciao, Marco 

36 minutes ago, Z320 said:

I see the radiator cardboard is missing, the car is a bit high and I would check first 

Ciao, Marco 

No radiator cardboard on a Tr250.

regards

Peter

1 hour ago, Peter V W said:

No radiator cardboard on a Tr250.

regards

Peter

Indeed, but I see 3 latches to fix it, and it could give a benefit anyway?

Edited by Z320
7 hours ago, had17462 said:

Nice looking car ,I believe the door should have two clicks ,when closing slowly you should be able to hear this if not a slight adjustment might be needed or the lock could be tired/worn maybe some wd40 etc will help as it’s been  sitting  .

Nick

Thanks Nick, I’ll give that a go. I know the locks aren’t available any more, so if this doesn’t work I’ll try and get a used one.

6 hours ago, stuart said:

Door striker is not adjusted right or the lock internal spring is failing, the striker plate screws should be very tight so be careful not to round off when adjusting and use a big screwdriver to tighten after adjustment.

Stuart.

As always thanks Stuart, appreciate the feedback.

6 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Lovely perfect timing for a fabulous summer of TR’ing fun

Very Well Done and many congratulations 

Especially love the colour- Primrose?

John.

Thanks John, just got to wait for the rain to stop and then it’s all open top motoring!

Loving the car!

5 hours ago, Z320 said:

Ciao, Marco 

Thanks Marco, I’ll look into all of these points. I’m here to learn as much as I can! ;)

4 hours ago, 250 said:

Just to the rad sides

Mark

Correct.   Clipped vertically, one along either side

20 hours ago, stuart said:

Already fitted by the looks of it.

Stuart.

It's there :D

First job , buy some silver or black paint for the brake drums.

Roy

I love these with the bonnet stripes and yours would be silver, but does not detract for being a very nice car. The colour I am somewhat biased as my (TR5) is in Jasmine.

Enjoy!

Regards Harry

11 minutes ago, harrytr5 said:

I love these with the bonnet stripes and yours would be silver, but does not detract for being a very nice car. The colour I am somewhat biased as my (TR5) is in Jasmine.

Enjoy!

Regards Harry

Thanks Harry, Jasmine is the perfect Spring/Summer colour! 

I've never understood why the TR250/5 never had a proper rad cowl like the cars before it and after it. It doesn't look finished to me and all the mounting holes are already in place.

If you want to make it look "finished", these cowls are really well made and finish the engine bay off, although admittedly not for the purists.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256445899062?itmmeta=01HT26A12GN5X0M2GEJRZ5NV0P&hash=item3bb55de136:g:AawAAOSw8kll8zVh&itmprp=enc

No connection other than I made the original prototype for Tony using a local members car as a template - if you want to contact Tony direct, PM me and I will forward his contact details

Cheers Rich

2 hours ago, rcreweread said:

I've never understood why the TR250/5 never had a proper rad cowl like the cars before it and after it. It doesn't look finished to me and all the mounting holes are already in place.

If you want to make it look "finished", these cowls are really well made and finish the engine bay off, although admittedly not for the purists.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256445899062?itmmeta=01HT26A12GN5X0M2GEJRZ5NV0P&hash=item3bb55de136:g:AawAAOSw8kll8zVh&itmprp=enc

No connection other than I made the original prototype for Tony using a local members car as a template - if you want to contact Tony direct, PM me and I will forward his contact details

Cheers Rich

Hi Rich, hope you’re well.

I’ve sent you an email.

Best Neil

Lovely colour combination with the Blue hood like it!

Hope you have lots of fun with her.

Andy