Link facility disabled

(Welcome back H!)

I've just come across this thread, as I was trying to post a new topic about it in Alec's Inn.

But it too was sent straight off for "moderator approval".  :huh:

As well as losing the link option in the toolbar, we've also lost the ability to double-click and resize images in a post.

Deggers

EDIT : Hmm? But looks as though this post was uploaded straight away . . .  :blink:

Edited by Deggers

If it can't be sorted out its going to be the end for anything useful going forward!

I can't believe we are to have censorship to the next level or maybe the Chinese and Russians have clubbed together and bought the site :ph34r:

Andy

is this why I've had no replies to recommendations for a car transport service. see general technical todays post. 

if it is please would responders give company name not a link.

taa, David B

ps. I like the trident video Roger but could a moderator let us see the DH121 video. tea

Edited by David B2
45 minutes ago, Charlie D said:

Maybe part of the same upgrade.

I don't consider a loss of useful functions to be an upgrade :blink:----- and I don't need a spell-checker, thank you. :rolleyes:

Edited by RobH
added emojis
1 hour ago, David B2 said:

is this why I've had no replies to recommendations for a car transport service. see general technical todays post. 

if it is please would responders give company name not a link.

taa, David B

ps. I like the trident video Roger but could a moderator let us see the DH121 video. tea

David sent you a pm

or see your original post

H

call me cynical….

This is all a bit government organisation really.

Spend a chunk of money on a new initiative as sold to them by people in shiny suits wearing pointy shoes, find it does exactly as described but is not useable as the people who actioned the upgrade had no working knowledge of the system.  Spend more money getting same contractor to undo the initiative as far as they can to get the system workable again.  Loosing some treasured features on the way.

So the links-posting downgrade has been reversed but the problem remains that you still can't see any forums without first registering and logging in. All that is displayed when you try to select forums is a repeat of the main page membership stuff  and a totally useless list of 'status updates'

That is a massive deterrent for attracting new members, since a casual visitor is not able to see what technical help is available.  That needs fixing ASAP. 

It was seeing the forums which attracted me  - and I would suspect many others - to join the register in the first place.   

Edited by RobH
5 minutes ago, RobH said:

So the links-posting downgrade has been reversed but the problem remains that you still can't see any forums without first registering and logging in. All that is displayed when you try to select forums is a repeat of the main page membership stuff  and a totally useless list of 'status updates'

That is a massive deterrent for attracting new members, since a casual visitor is not able to see what technical help is available.  That needs fixing ASAP. 

It was seeing the forums that which attracted me  - and I would suspect many others - to join the register in the first place.   

Yes but weve been told that they know what theyre doing and its only money and the topic discussing same has been locked off.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

have faith. 

They are experts.    Definition  X is the unknown quantity, and a Spurt is a rip uner pressure.

It would be good for whoever sorted out the problem to explain what the problem was.

Roger

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Stuart,

have faith. 

They are experts.    Definition  X is the unknown quantity, and a Spurt is a rip uner pressure.

It would be good for whoever sorted out the problem to explain what the problem was.

Roger

Nah its a secret, wouldnt want the members who are actually paying for it to know now would they ?

Stuart.

A software gremlin. Believe me, as someone who used to develop websites, supposedly for fun, minor changes in coding or even corruption during upload can cause sites to fall own altogether.

Sorted within hours.

The only people affected were the moderators.

Never let reality get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Anyone disagreeing will have a £20000 loss assigned to their login and be charged with whatever offence the ex PO chair decides!

16 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

A software gremlin. Believe me, as someone who used to develop websites, supposedly for fun, minor changes in coding or even corruption during upload can cause sites to fall own altogether.

Sorted within hours.

The only people affected were the moderators.

Never let reality get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Anyone disagreeing will have a £20000 loss assigned to their login and be charged with whatever offence the ex PO chair decides!

Except it hasnt as we arent available on an online search now without registering and logging in, hardly a gremlin more like something round and furry dropped ;):lol:

Stuart.

Bizarrely if you type in your forum user name followed by TR Register Forum.   The search engine takes you into the user names profile with some messages visible.

The simple search delivers this which if you click the search links takes you into the member’s profile area.   Al I can guess is this is fuelled by a snoopers charter. ( there’s your conspiracy for today Roger)

IMG_2427.png

where as.  If you search on the browser with.  TR Register Forum Narrow Belt

You get….

You must not have auto login running on your device.   Go in and kill all the cookies that have been collected or use a browser that kills all cookies when you close it    ie   Firefox Focus. On mobile devices.

IMG_2428.png

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT