I did a quick search to see if there was already a thread into which we might share old photos of TR's. I couldn't see one but if there is then perhaps the admin will kindly move this one across for me, and delete this topic.  If not then please feel to add your own old photo to this topic, as many of us do enjoy a virtual step back in time, and the speculation these pic's inspire.

Cheers.  Pete

1923973043.jpg.37b3048fa834995b56b4b31de18e1f01.jpg

I might only presume this to be an import shipping terminal, and the TR3A's have no windscreen fitted from where they were stacked on multiple levels with least air space inbetween.

Pete

Wouldn’t Berth 8 indicate something to do with Shipping? Perhaps they are lined up to be loaded onto a ship and be sent abroad.

Maybe not raining but if it’s Portland, Oregon it should be. She looks dressed for summer, well spring at least.

Can I see oil stains on the left where TRs have been parked up?

james

14 minutes ago, james christie said:

Maybe not raining but if it’s Portland, Oregon it should be. She looks dressed for summer, well spring at least.

Can I see oil stains on the left where TRs have been parked up?

james

….and on the tonneau covers from stacking?

6 hours ago, Bfg said:

I did a quick search to see if there was already a thread into which we might share old photos of TR's. I couldn't see one but if there is then perhaps the admin will kindly move this one across for me, and delete this topic.  If not then please feel to add your own old photo to this topic, as many of us do enjoy a virtual step back in time, and the speculation these pic's inspire.

Cheers.  Pete

I might only presume this to be an import shipping terminal, and the TR3A's have no windscreen fitted from where they were stacked on multiple levels with least air space inbetween.

Pete

How old do you want to see Pete?

Our cars last year, other owners etc in the 1970{s or old factory car type photos from 50/60’s

Just to kick off

The is Dennis Futcher at Goodwood in 1978.   Took FTD.

Photo came from Rob Futcher in USA.

1 Inspiration.jpeg

1410431418_Penny2.thumb.jpg.e45b91ca951f6bc0ec960644aa74264f.jpg 3f529388-3c7a-4a25-8cd2-62ca240114f9.thumb.jpg.67265ccaf0274bb899c2e02269dd0a91.jpg 925890647_Goodwood76.thumb.jpg.91834ab7d16705dd6c3dea4b584fefc7.jpg

SWMBO driving car at Donnington '76                     Me at Goodwood '76 (background)              Me again behind Niel Revington Goodwood '76

18 hours ago, Bfg said:

Cheers.  Pete

Pete

Wow, what a coincidence. My son lives in Portland and a few years ago he had an apartment while waiting to buy a house. This building was in the view from his apartment. I have looked on Google and it is still there and still being used for car imports although my son says it is slated for redevelopment of the riverside into more apartment buildings. Looking at old maps, this building was probably built around 1960, so is probably freshly built in the photo.

Cheers

Graeme

Berth 8 Portland google.jpg

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

More TS exports to the USA - Frisco Dock, San Francisco

Rod

Frisco Dock, San Francisco.jpg

Those are in  at least two colours! Wow!   Henry Ford was almost right.

Edited by john.r.davies

Great photos - Thank you, I'm enjoying looking at them although I have to admit I'll need to look up which model (TR2, 3 small mouth, 3A dollar grin) was made in which years, so as to have a better idea of when the photo was taken. 

Thanks Rod for pointing out that the photo I started off with was of Portland commercial dock.  I'd guessed it was import, because the young lady's fashion and the cars pointing away from the dockside, implying they had been unloaded.  Nice one Graeme, showing the same site as it is today, despite its fortunes having faded. 

Fun to observe the oil drips from new, on, I might only guess, transportation tonneau covers, not least considering each car wouldn't necessary be sold with one.

What age of photos to share ? personally i don't mind as I often find interesting tidbits to fathom out in most any.  Those of when the car are new, being shipped, dealers, do give an insight to the era, but then do photos of the cars being enjoyed in the '70's.   Old, interesting, or odd perhaps. It's your choice too.

Thanks, Pete 

Here's one I find interesting ..in it's old subject matter, although the Copart (UK Salvage auction house) photograph itself is not at all very old. . .

1087836741_1957TR3-individualbackseats.jpg.007d1fdab4492e36deb9448628fcf911.jpg

1957 TR3 ..  It has me wondering if such rear seats were a factory option, an after-market commodity, or something an individual had made up. ?  I had a '57 TR3 (not the car in the photo) when I first worked in America and have never seen these before.

Pete

There are some Good Old Pics on faecbook if you're willing to search it.  Such as this from "Racing the Triumph Spitfire":

image.png.b31be7a0cecc51d3726661bdb5f2fbb2.png

From Clarke Walker, "Tony Adamowicz with toothbrush prepping the Group 44 way".

Or this one, "TR Register Relay Team at Donington Park Circuit @trregistercarclub @doningtonpark"  Doesn't say when.

image.png.0d33b0d07050743bb0381b78bfd0bc98.png

John

Edited by john.r.davies

You have started a really interesting topic, Pete.

Re the Berth 8 picture, I downloaded the image a decade ago from some US website - it was labelled 'Triumphs, Portland USA' , but I never knew if it was Portland,Oregon or Portland,Maine. (Over three thousand miles apart on opposite coasts). Thanks to Graeme's great detective work, we now know it was Portland,Oregon.

Here's someone who is late for a date or fleeing from his ex, or possibly both apply!  Rod.

Hard cornering.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
Adding name
1 hour ago, john.r.davies said:

There are some Good Old Pics on faecbook if you're willing to search it.  Such as this from "Racing the Triumph Spitfire":

image.png.b31be7a0cecc51d3726661bdb5f2fbb2.png

From Clarke Walker, "Tony Adamowicz with toothbrush prepping the Group 44 way".

Or this one, "TR Register Relay Team at Donington Park Circuit @trregistercarclub @doningtonpark"  Doesn't say when.

image.png.0d33b0d07050743bb0381b78bfd0bc98.png

John

is that Geoff Mansfield third form the left ?? i remember driving his 3A to the chip shop for the workshop lunches

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You have started a really interesting topic, Pete.

Re the Berth 8 picture, I downloaded the image a decade ago from some US website - it was labelled 'Triumphs, Portland USA' , but I never knew if it was Portland,Oregon or Portland,Maine. (Over three thousand miles apart on opposite coasts). Thanks to Graeme's great detective work, we now know it was Portland,Oregon.

Here's someone who is late for a date or fleeing from his ex, or possibly both apply!  Rod.

Hard cornering.jpeg

The driver is leaning toward the centre of the car in addition for balance, to probably pull on the hand brake to stop the inside wheel freewheeling and thus keep drive going to the wheel still in contact with the track.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:27 PM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

pull on the hand brake to stop the inside wheel freewheeling and thus keep drive going to the wheel still in contact with the track.

Never heard of that.  Nice one, I'll try that next time I have Katie  up on two wheels and not slipping sideways B) 

Remarkable traction on that car's tyres, I've obviously bought the wrong brand. -_-