Artificial intelegence's view of what a TR6 is

Hi All,

Some of you may be aware that there has been a bit of a jump in AI recently (A progam called Chatgpt is causing a lot of excitment in my world).

Anyhow, was bored so aske it what a Triumph TR6 is.

Answer below:

"The Triumph TR6 is a British sports car that was produced by the Triumph Motor Company between 1968 and 1976. It was the best-seller of the TR range when production ended, a record subsequently surpassed by the TR7. The TR6 was introduced in January 1968, and was based on the styling of the Michelotti-designed TR4 and TR5 models. It featured a four-cylinder 2.5 litre straight-six engine and was available in either a soft-top or hard-top version. The car was renowned for its crisp handling, good performance and fuel economy, and has become a popular classic car."

What do we think? Crisp handling and good fuel economy sounds a little off..

Tim

:-) o yes... missed that!

I asked it some more questions

what the top 5 good things about a triumph TR6?

1. Its Iconic British Design: The Triumph TR6 is one of the most iconic British sports cars of all time, with its sleek and curvaceous body lines.

2. Its Powerful Inline-Six Engine: The TR6 is powered by an inline-six engine that produces 150 horsepower, providing plenty of power for driving enthusiasts.

3. Its Easy Maintenance: The TR6 is very easy to maintain and repair, with parts readily available and relatively cheap to purchase.

4. Its Lightweight Chassis: The TR6's lightweight chassis makes it great for cornering and nimble handling.

5. Its Affordable Price: The TR6 is fairly affordable compared to other classic sports cars, making it a great entry-level classic car.

what the top 5 bad things about a triumph TR6?

1. Poor Reliability – The Triumph TR6 is known for having a number of mechanical issues, including problems with the fuel pump, starter motor, and electrical system.

2. Poor Fuel Economy – The Triumph TR6 is not known for its fuel efficiency, and can often consume fuel at an alarming rate.

3. Poor Quality Interior – The interior of the Triumph TR6 is not known for its quality and comfort, and is often described as being outdated and uncomfortable.

4. Lack of Safety Features – The Triumph TR6 lacks many of the modern safety features found in today's vehicles, which can put drivers and passengers at risk in the event of an accident.

5. Difficulty Finding Parts – Parts for the Triumph TR6 can be difficult to find, as the car is no longer in production.

Pretty much as good as you get in some magazines!

3. Its Easy Maintenance: The TR6 is very easy to maintain and repair, with parts readily available and relatively cheap to purchase.

5. Difficulty Finding Parts – Parts for the Triumph TR6 can be difficult to find, as the car is no longer in production.

Hmmm - perhaps the 'I ' bit of 'AI' needs some more work? 

I thought that.. It is interesting that it finds info that is contrary.. could be that it isn't clear what the truth is? 

I asked it a technical question

How do you change the engine thrust washers in a Triumph TR6?

1. Remove the engine, oil pan, and flywheel from the vehicle.

2. Unbolt the thrust washers from the flywheel.

3. Clean the flywheel surface using a lint-free cloth and light oil.

4. Install new thrust washers, ensuring that they are properly seated and flush with the flywheel surface.

5. Reinstall the flywheel, oil pan, and engine.

Clearly for another engine!

A fellow in the local supermarket carpark earlier this week walked up to me and  asked-"nice, but is it very reliable".

The kidney pads & glovebox lid were off and wires were everywhere as I'd just replaced the heater core and was tidying up the security system wiring.

I replied "not really " , he then jumped in his new Tesla and drove off.

Little does he know what he's missing out on.

Teslas themselves have unreliability, for instance :

"Many Tesla Model 3 owners have experienced door lock gremlins, a mysterious issue that causes the doors to unlock and lock on their own. This can be especially troublesome when trying to get into the car or when leaving it parked. The problem is often accompanied by connection issues on the screen and difficulty starting the car with the phone key".

"Tesla Model Y owners may experience a black screen while driving, which can be disconcerting. The cause of this issue is usually the infotainment computer crashing and restarting itself. To fix this issue, owners can try a double scroll-wheel reboot or a factory reset."

"Tesla 2020 MY with software version 2022.44.2 has a problem with the windshield wipers turning on and continuously running on a medium speed, even when there is no rain or clouds. The 'OFF' button seems to be disabled, and the only way to turn them off is by tapping 'AUTO'. This issue has been reported by many users, and it appears to happen more often when the car is new or after washing it." 

and several others all here:

http://threerowselectric.com/tag/tesla/

Edited by RobH
3 hours ago, RobH said:

Teslas themselves have unreliability, for instance :

"Many Tesla Model 3 owners have experienced door lock gremlins, a mysterious issue that causes the doors to unlock and lock on their own. This can be especially troublesome when trying to get into the car or when leaving it parked. The problem is often accompanied by connection issues on the screen and difficulty starting the car with the phone key".

"Tesla Model Y owners may experience a black screen while driving, which can be disconcerting. The cause of this issue is usually the infotainment computer crashing and restarting itself. To fix this issue, owners can try a double scroll-wheel reboot or a factory reset."

"Tesla 2020 MY with software version 2022.44.2 has a problem with the windshield wipers turning on and continuously running on a medium speed, even when there is no rain or clouds. The 'OFF' button seems to be disabled, and the only way to turn them off is by tapping 'AUTO'. This issue has been reported by many users, and it appears to happen more often when the car is new or after washing it." 

and several others all here:

http://threerowselectric.com/tag/tesla/

Maybe that's what prompted the old chap to ask the question. He liked the car but had to find something to fault. When I look at Tesla's problems, I,m quite happy to have the occasional fault with the TR6 PI or OD.

Isn’t A.I wonderful it removes the need to think and of course everything it tells you is reliable and true, so eventually I will never have to think again like most people on social media these days.:):P

Personally I prefer books made of paper and real world experience, but as the kids keep telling me I am a backward old fart.

oh I read somewhere that Tesla was the third most unreliable car in a survey

https://insideevs.com/news/442454/tesla-third-worst-make-reliability-survey/

I read recently that ChatGPT was given a law school final exam consisting of 95 multiple choice and 12 essay questions.  It passed the test in the lower part of the class with a C+.  It did worse on the multiple choice than the essays.

I've played with it, asking it to write a short story on a given topic.  I'd rate the writing as decent for a high school student.

Ed

I am a prof at a uni in the UK and we have tried it with some of our essay questions and its answers are good.  Would be marked between 50-60%.. even questions with calculations..

its a bit of a worry. 
tim

1 hour ago, Tim D. said:

I am a prof at a uni in the UK and we have tried it with some of our essay questions and its answers are good.  Would be marked between 50-60%.. even questions with calculations..

its a bit of a worry. 
tim

Perhaps I should get it to resit my degree.:rolleyes:

That hangs together surprisingly well considering the lights are odd from side of the car to the other, the hood had half blown away, one door's glass has frames, the bumper over-riders are back to front and there's no driver ..driving the car on a mountain road.

This was a blonde woman driving a tr6 down rodeo drive  

not sure what’s up with her smile but the car doesn’t look too bad  

interestingly both this and the last have the ugly US bumper protectors  

DCBDCA8E-FCD3-4AC7-A4F5-184A6EBD13C8.jpeg

6 minutes ago, stallie said:

not sure what’s up with her smile

Wearing a novelty face mask - a bit like the car too. 

5 hours ago, Tim D. said:

its a bit of a worry. 
tim

Does the AI engine give the same result every time it is given the same question ?  If it varies its replies then universities do  have a big problem with assessments.

On the other hand academics can churn out grant applications with little effort ? 

Peter

7 hours ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Does the AI engine give the same result every time it is given the same question ?  If it varies its replies then universities do  have a big problem with assessments.

On the other hand academics can churn out grant applications with little effort ? 

Peter

Different each time. 

Hence the problem. 

Tim

8 hours ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Peter

Back in my day at Melbourne Uni, the tutors and lecturers made further assessments of  the students over a quiet ale at the Prince Alfred. This sorted out those that really knew their subject from the plagiarists.

Wouldn't happen today, but it would sort out the wheat from the AI chaff.