Shell vpower petrol availability?

Hi folks

My local shell station here in congleton has been out of vpower petrol for over a week now. 
when I asked last weekend I was told by the cashier 

“it’s not available”

I thought this was a temporary delivery issue. It’s a massively busy site thus not a case of a low turnover low priority.

Yesterday a mate asked and was told

vpower petrol was “no longer available”

I'm just trying to find out if this is a local, regional or National issue or permanent or temporary?

is it just Shell ?

What’s your experience ?

Similar questions are on a number of sites. Apparently Shell have re-formulated the V-power fuels, so perhaps shortages are related to the changeover ?

https://support.shell.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115002777572-What-exactly-is-Shell-launching-

Edit : seems to be available around here. 

Edited by RobH

Our local Tesco is often out of E5. When I asked why, the answer was that supply is limited and it is very popular, once word gets round they have had a delivery it soon sells out. Drivers of modern cars prefer it to E10 and are prepared to pay the premium.

Hamish/ Mike,

Just called at the shell station in Leek. They have V Power petrol but said that there was a short time recently when there was a wait for a delivery. No knowledge of it being or becoming unavailable.

You could always cross the border to Biddulph and get some Esso 99 octane (supposed to be ethanol free).....

Malcolm

People are querying via Twitter. This is a copy of the reply - seems its a common issue at the moment and is also on other car forums.

"Hi, please be assured that our dedicated teams are working hard to meet the demand for V-power. We prioritise deliveries to service stations experiencing lower stock levels, and these are being replenished as quickly as we are able to".

Can always query to customer services by going to the UK Site.

Thanks every one. 
I can cope with supply issues. 

pleased its not being withdrawn. 

Just to close this off. 
an email from shell. 
I asked for quite a bit of info

they said …….

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We’re aware that some of our stations are currently experiencing short-term fuel shortages and we expect the situation to get better over the coming days, with timelines for restocking sites improving. We will try and replenish stations as soon as possible.

We appreciate your continuous loyalty to Shell

Yours sincerely,