RIP NIGEL BANCROFT

Have to report the very sad and sudden passing yesterday of Nigel Bancroft from Stalybridge, a very knowledgable and enthusiastic TR compatriot. The TR world and my world will not be the same without you matey. My deepest condolences to his adoring wife Gail. God be with you Nige, I miss you already mate.

Alan G

Shocked to see this Alan, thanks for letting us know. RIP Nigel, I’ll miss you.

Really sad news indeed, I've been friends with Nigel almost since I bought my TR6 way back in 1978. There really wasnt anything that Nigel didn't know about TR5's and TR6's and I cant believe that it was only just over a week ago that Nigel was judging in the concours at Ambergate and that his TR6 won the standard class. He will be sadly missed indeed and my thoughts go out to his dear wife Gail. Rest in peace Nigel and as Alan notes you will be sorely missed thats for sure. 

Derek   

So sad to hear of Nigel' s passing, he was so friendly from the word go,  and we had some interesting talks over the Autojumble Table  !

A great TR Enthusiast. 

Conrad.

What a shock !. Very sorry to hear the news of Nigels very sad and sudden passing. Although I had known him for a number of years and always had a long conversation when we met but I never got to know him that well. My condolences to his family and close friends. RIP. Mike Hazlewood.

We just heard of Nigel's tragic passing from Gail. 

Having been introduced to him by Andrew Hayward at Ambergate, we planned to take our TR6 to him for some TLC.  We left it with him en route back from Ambergate, and picked it up last Friday, so it's probably the last TR he worked on.  He was super helpful, fixed several issues, gave me a list of further jobs which needed doing, showed me his TR5 - just a really lovely and knowledgeable guy.  He was deciding which car to take on holiday with Gail, and we encouraged him to take his TR6! 

Our thoughts are with Gail, who says she plans to keep the garage going.  RIP Nigel Bancroft, one of the good guys.

This is truly sad news indeed. Another who fell to the addiction of the TR. Always good banter and many laughs .

Thoughts go to his family and his many friends. RIP

Roy

• 1 month later...

Nigel was my best friend growing up, lived two doors away and went to school with him. Always motorbike and car mad from an early age TR's were always in his blood and he knew more about them than probably anyone else. Always a joker, his favourite was strapping a kipper to an exhaust manifold so when the engine was started it stunk the car out. RIP mate, you will be missed.

Edited by Alan Hesketh