Radiator Cowls for TR3, 4, 4A, 250, 5 & 6

Hi Rich, so sorry I didn't get to see you at Stoneleigh yesterday.

I didn't fancy doing a 250 mile round trip in yesterdays' lovely weather... Hope you kept safe, & you made good business at the show. I'm still interested in the Rad cowl, so perhaps  we could use the post  or arrange  collection at IWE?

Cheers,

Paul.

1 hour ago, TR Paul said:

Hi Rich, so sorry I didn't get to see you at Stoneleigh yesterday.

I didn't fancy doing a 250 mile round trip in yesterdays' lovely weather... Hope you kept safe, & you made good business at the show. I'm still interested in the Rad cowl, so perhaps  we could use the post  or arrange  collection at IWE?

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul - no probs - I guessed people were going to struggle because of the weather - I'll get some postage costings and get back to you - I am planning to to to Stratford again this year but can't be certain at this stage so postage may be the better option.

I''ll be in touch  Cheers Rich

1 hour ago, murrayarnold said:

I have never had a single cooling issue on my 6 in 23 years. But my cowel is looking tired. I think its cool looking. I want one. Do ship to Croatia? 

Murray? - Hi - as you are in the EU, there shouldn't be any customs requirements so I don't see why not - happy to look into it and get a price for shipping . If you send me a PM with your exact car details ( I think I've seen on the forum you have triple webers on your car ) as the cowls are different for PI and carbed cars because of the air cleaner.

Also need to know whether you want it in polished Stainless Steel or black powder coated alloy, and whether you want a laser cut logo in the top..

In case anyone else is interested, I have quite a few left over after Stoneleigh for all models in  most permutations.  

I'm presuming those who requested one to be collected and paid for at the show and didn't turn up maybe didn't want to risk attending because of the weather - if that was you, then I will be in touch shortly about posting them on but feel free to email/PM me if you want. I acknowledge that my delivery of the cowls was delayed from first thing in the morning till lunchtime because of the weather and that some people may have had to go before then.

Cheers  Rich 

Hi everyone - I have a few of these left after Stoneleigh, typically for each model, one of each option ie stainless steel or black powder coated and with or without a laser cut model logo in the top - they are really good quality bits of kit, so if anybody is still interested, please PM me for full details and price etc

Cheers Rich

I can vouch for the quality, having just replaced my tatty old millboard cowl with the new one I collected from Rich at Stoneleigh last weekend.

Perfect fit and a huge improvement over the old one.

Andrew

e. IMG_2762.thumb.JPG.dc51e48b212d427086852a1d42b086af.JPGIMG_2763.thumb.JPG.f995a1bd1e3806506b24770c62484797.JPG

Edited by ANFRUSSELL
typo
2 hours ago, ANFRUSSELL said:

I can vouch for the quality, having just replaced my tatty old millboard cowl with the new one I collected from Rich at Stoneleigh last weekend.

Perfect fit and a huge improvement over the old on.

Andrew

e. IMG_2762.thumb.JPG.dc51e48b212d427086852a1d42b086af.JPGIMG_2763.thumb.JPG.f995a1bd1e3806506b24770c62484797.JPG

Thanks Andrew - that looks great

Cheers  Rich

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 4:15 PM, tr graham said:

Tr250 one is a bit wrong unless you are fitting injection.

graham

Graham - I would be interested to know , as I'm sure the manufacturer would as well, what you found didn't fit very well on the Tr 250 one?

In case anyone is still looking, I have a few of these left , so please get in touch if you want to enhance your underbonnet! They do make a big difference - just look at Andrew's photos above which were entirely unsolicited - no money changed hands, I promise! 

Cheers Rich

Richard

did not say it did not fit just that it was wrong , the air deflection for a tr250 consists of 2 baffle plates that fit to the radiator each side with 3 clips and go parallel from the radiator to the inner wheel arches  a tr5 has just the 1 on the nearside 

graham

• 1 month later...

Just a note for Rich to say how delighted I am with the stainless cowl for my TR4. Perfect fit and so easy to attach with pre-routed slots for the self-tappers

Andy

Thanks Andy - glad to have been of help and your comments are much appreciated - its always nice to get some thanks!

The cowls are well made and very rarely have there been any fitment issues - one has to bear in mind that over the life of our cars, particularly at the front end, potential for dimensional variation is high and indeed even when they were first built, tolerances were much greater than we have come to expect today, so manufacturing something which is pretty dimensionally critical and yet fits well in the vast majority of cases must be challenging for the manufacturer.

I still have some left if anybody is still looking - please PM me if interested.

Graham - apologies for not responding to your earlier post - I completely overlooked it but you are of course quite right in terms of how TR5/250s left the factory -  notwithstanding this, in my mind, it just didn't look finished as they were and I think the fact that ST fitted a cowl to both the earlier TR4A and the later TR6 must say something. 

At the time the TR5 cowl was developed a few years ago, we had an influx of 5s in our local group and chatting to them and other owners, it was apparent that there could be interest in a cowl so I approached the manufacturer and with the help of one of the group members who allowed his car to be used as a guinea pig, one was developed  - admittedly not original but it does "finish" off the area nicely, in my biased ( of course !) view  

Cheers Rich

Just fitted one of these cowls to my TR6. Arrived well packed by Rich, never seen so much parcel tape, and it fitted really easily and looks so much better than the bit of rubbish bent cardboard. Really happy. Sorry about the weird colour of the paint in the photo, it was really bright outside and I think the colour balance went off on the phone, it is Pimento, honest.

Thanks Rich, a smart, well made product at a sensible price.

Mick

20200409_155834.jpg

Edited by Mick Forey

Thanks Mick and am pleased to have been able to help. As you rightly say, they are a vast improvement over the original.

For the benefit of others, Mick's is a powder coated alloy one with no logo laser cut into the top.

Still have some left for all models, except TR 3, which have all gone now.

Cheers  Rich

• 1 month later...

Thanks Ed - that's really helpful as a number of people have asked about the fitting of this in the context of the front apron so now we have it on good authority that it doesn't need to be removed.

Looks like you have an interesting car from the brief glimpses in the photos!!

Cheers Rich

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Hawk said:

I would a plain black (no logo) powder coated version to a TR6 PI - hav you got any left.

If yes, PM me cost inc postage.

Thanks 

Sods law I've got every other one other than the one you want -  let me know if you can live with a black powder coated  logo-ed one

Cheers Rich

3 hours ago, Eddie Trickett said:

Hi,

Would be interested in one for a TR250 if you have one available.

Thanks

Eddie

Eddie - I'm really sorry but I haven't got any TR 250 logoed ones. I have got a TR5 non logo-ed stainless steel one as per the top one in the first photo, but I'm not sure if is the same for a TR250. I do also have a logo-ed black powder coated TR5 one ( as per the third one down in the first photo) but will check out whether the 250 and 5 ones are different

Let me know if either of these may be any good 

Cheers Rich

IMG_3410.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG - Resized.JPG

20 hours ago, Eddie Trickett said:

Hi Rich,

A stainless one, no logo would be fine if it fits.

Regards

Eddie

Eddie - I'm told the TR250 and TR5 ones are exactly the same fit wise, so if you would like to go ahead with the stainless no logo-ed one ( they are £45 + postage @£7) , drop me a PM with your contact details and we can sort it out from there.

Cheers  Rich

On 7/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, rcreweread said:

Sods law I've got every other one other than the one you want -  let me know if you can live with a black powder coated  logo-ed one

Cheers Rich

Thanks Rich but a logo is not for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, rcreweread said:

Cheers Rich

Reply On 7/27/2020 from Hawk

Thanks Rich but a logo is not for me. 

5/8/20

Hawk ( Peter??)  - further to your earlier request for a TR6 Black Powder Coated cowl with no logo, I have some more hopefully arriving the middle of next week - if you are still interested, PM me your contact details and we can go from there. The cost is £45 plus £7 shipping

Cheers Rich

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.