TR5 Steering Wheel anyone?

That Johann, a very decent man, with some great original parts, and yes it's top money too.

See you at Stoneleigh Chaps,

Happy New year to you all,

Conrad.

The spoke cover is available from TRF last I knew, and will last much longer than originals where cracking is de rigeur. I had an upholsterer fashion the leather rim cover and run it through his sewing machine to put the stitch holes in, cheaply. It did take a few hours to sew it on.

The one in question has a repro horn button and some slight flaking on the edges of the vinyl cover. This looks like an original so probably has some crack repair but will most likely develop new ones in short order if exposed to the sun. Still, it's the best looking one I've seen on ebay ( there's an eminently restorable one for sale there at 1/6 the price at the moment ).

High prices can be forgiven over time; poor quality not so much.

Cheers,

Tom

Only ‘a bit’..?

That's what I was thinking!! :o

But then again nothing surprises me with N.O.S. TR5 parts.

I remember the N.O.S. Rostyle Wheel trims on e-bay a few years ago, some of the Concours guys after perfection will pay these prices, hence the high reserve prices?

Gary

Yes I saw that forsale, Every thing he advertises does seem to be a bit expensive to me,

Cheers

Dave.

Yeah - must be almost 50% of prices for similar items for a Healey.

What a rip-off!

AlanR

Both items, original TR5 badges for £1,100 and the steering wheel £1,350 failed to get a bid.

Can't think why....

Edited by MikeThomas

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR5-BONNET-BADGE-NEW-ORIGINAL-PART-VERY-RARE-ORIGINAL-BADGE/372197328235?hash=item56a8b0856b:g:5DQAAOSw~V9Z2j2u

Noticed the Full set of Badges are back on E-Bay too, at £1,200.00 Now! :unsure:

A Query for you long time TR5 Owners, how can you tell an Original badge?

I will show you at the Triumph Spares day at Stoneleigh, if you so wish Gary..

Subtle differences....

Cheers,

Conrad.

I believe the original badge maker still exists and makes the TR250 badges TRF fences. As I've posted before, these are even better made than the originals but it's extremely unlikely that the improvements would result in a concours penalty.

TRF have indicated a willingness to have TR5 badges made but a proper quorum of buyers has never materialized.

Hence the £1,200.00 price now ;) . I reckon the batch price would be well under 1/2 that :unsure: .

Cheers,

Tom

I will show you at the Triumph Spares day at Stoneleigh, if you so wish Gary..

Subtle differences....

Cheers,

Conrad.

Hi Conrad

Thanks, see you at Stoneleigh :P

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Graham,

I have sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Tim