Radiator pipe with thermo take off needed

Can anybody tell me where I could get one of these please Moss are OOS http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/pipe-water-return-stainless-steel-158417sst.html?assoc=125544and have been for some time

There is a slight difference in the position of the threaded boss between the Moss illustration (on the end section, after the 45 deg bend) and those shown by Revington and DMG where it is on the central section. I assume that this is not an issue, or is the position critical because of potential interference with other items, or it is more difficult to gain access?

There is a slight difference in the position of the threaded boss between the Moss illustration (on the end section, after the 45 deg bend) and those shown by Revington and DMG where it is on the central section. I assume that this is not an issue, or is the position critical because of potential interference with other items, or it is more difficult to gain access?

Hi Robin,

By mistake I bought both a Revington item and a Moss-Europe item in the last year, they are absolutely identical.

Cheers

Graeme

Anyone remember a problem with these some years ago as in the Boss was Welded in the wrong position.

Here's one for comparison but don't know weather it's a Good One or Bad One.

Just to clarify the Curved End is sitting Flat on the Bench.

Edited by TR NIALL

Anyone remember a problem with these some years ago as in the Boss was Welded in the wrong position.

Hi Niall - your'e right, the boss is positioned in the wrong place. It should be at another 45 deg towards the o/s , otherwise it just faces and touches the engine block and it's difficult to push the terminals on. I went through this a few years back. Several suppliers all had it wrong. The only one that had it right was CTM Eng

Hi Niall - your'e right, the boss is positioned in the wrong place. It should be at another 45 deg towards the o/s , otherwise it just faces and touches the engine block and it's difficult to push the terminals on. I went through this a few years back. Several suppliers all had it wrong. The only one that had it right was CTM Eng

Thanks Bill,good to know I ain't been Dreaming again.

Just to clarify the Curved End is sitting Flat on the Bench.

Ray has one of these think this is the correct orientation can anybody confirm please

post-7429-0-52620000-1496816506_thumb.jpg

Above is for a 4 pot setup, your original post shows a pipe for a 6 pot.

Now not sure which you need.

Bob.

Ah that explains it, the boss is in the correct position but my original one from the 6 has more bends in it ……..I'm after one for the six

Thanks

Hi

Not sure if they've changed the design but these pipes did'nt have flared ends or a ridge formed around the end same as on rad so when the jubilee clip is tightened there is a ridge to stop it blowing of under pressure' I soldered a ridge around mine.

Richard