Seems remarkably cheap

TR4's seem to be going up from what I have seen along with TR6's which are quickly becoming more expensive to buy. There used to be quite a premium for a 3 but now 3's and 4's seem to be almost the same money.

TR3's seemed to slow but then looking at Hagerties and some recent examples for sale, £30k seems to be the asking price for a good one whereas last year it was nearer £25k. So either the dealers have some expensive stock they're not moving or prices have risen.

The bottom seems to have fallen out of the E-Type market and Healeys seem to have stuttered, except for Frogeyes which still seem to be climbing. 80's Hot Hatches seem to be where it's at currently.

Plus, it's winter. Roof comes down, price goes up.

Hmmm, you could just buy 3 surrey tops for that.

Like Bulatovic, I agreed to buy something from under a hedgerow for bit less than that just before someone turned up offering more!

Recently I saw a 4 and a 6 for sale by a dealer (on Car and Classic I think it was) and each was asking £39,500. Think 4 was sold. It is a shame, these were affordable cars in the day but increasingly seem to be traded like some commodity. As Rhino says, E types seem to have caught a cold as ebay seems to have as many barn find E's as ever there were cars made!

I think the register and the people set the TR apart from the rest and enjoy the cars for what they are rather than what they might be worth.

I suspect its still a scam otherwise it would have gone by now as there would be dealers queueing down the street. Dont know how its a scam but there is no way it would normally be for sale for that money.

Stuart.

I suspect its still a scam otherwise it would have gone by now as there would be dealers queueing down the street. Dont know how its a scam but there is no way it would normally be for sale for that money.

Stuart.

That would be my suspicion, too. Car has an MOT until August.

It's an interesting one, because looking at the seller's history of several hundred transactions there a couple related to classic car items. Plus, I've searched for the image using reverse image lookup and it doesn't seem to be online anywhere else. When it's a scam the genuine details can usually be found elsewhere online.

Maybe it is as Nick says above, just a mistake.

Darren

Edited by TR5tar

That would be my suspicion, too. Car has an MOT until August.

It's an interesting one, because looking at the seller's history of several hundred transactions there a couple related to classic car items. Plus, I've searched for the image using reverse image lookup and it doesn't seem to be online anywhere else. When it's a scam the genuine details can usually be found somewhere online.

Maybe it is as Nick says above, just a mistake.

Darren

I did those checks and also googled Gary 01142456562. A few hits from previous car/bike sales but not seeing anything that would make me think he was a scammer.

Hmmm, you could just buy 3 surrey tops for that.

Like Bulatovic, I agreed to buy something from under a hedgerow for bit less than that just before someone turned up offering more!

Recently I saw a 4 and a 6 for sale by a dealer (on Car and Classic I think it was) and each was asking £39,500. Think 4 was sold. It is a shame, these were affordable cars in the day but increasingly seem to be traded like some commodity. As Rhino says, E types seem to have caught a cold as ebay seems to have as many barn find E's as ever there were cars made!

I think the register and the people set the TR apart from the rest and enjoy the cars for what they are rather than what they might be worth.

I think that 4 was the one I noticed. It was bought @ auction for around £29k inc. premium & the dealer who had bidded for it had it for sale @ £38k. In my view it went cheap @ the auction @ the dealer mark up was quite high but the car was a complete restoration with very high quality components put on. Very modified including new alloy panels, rebuilt modified engine, modified gearbox, suspension & brakes, in fact a brand new much improved TR4 that you would need many more £ to do. So probably a good deal in the end?

Cheers.

If you look at the market prices are falling.

Tell that to the dealers!

Market prices are not falling, they are getting stronger!!

Classic car market is very high at the moment.

Tom