TOK 20H

What about the scuttle though, surely that is not right

Depends on what you find under the plastic grill. Original CR scuttle had the captive nuts for the air flap deleted.

Stuart.

signal red or pimento red ? mark

For a 1970 TR6 it would have been Signal Red (providing that was it's original colour) - Pimento came in during 71, but given it's been resprayed it could be either, or a mixture?

Both colours look great, but I prefer the brighter colour of Pimento on a 6, particularly on a sunny day – that said, my preferred colour choice was Royal and Sapphire Blue when looking for a CP 6 last year, but never let colour stand in the way of a very good car, unless it Siena Brown. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

hi everyone. i have opened a can of worms.to throw another spanner in the works im also interested in http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outstanding-Triumph-TR6-British-Racing-Green-/230696485661?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35b695031d seems to have had a full restoration with good history. sorry to confused things even more. thanks again Mark.

so when using k&n filters where should the breather go ?

The K&N's dont make provision for it..so this is what I did. Only change from this photo is that I now have the flame trap in the circuit as it comes out of the rocker cover.

IMG_0613.jpg

Cheers

Ask Allan Jezzard or Marko on the Forum. I never actually saw this car but met Tim briefly at an East Saxons meeting last Sept/Oct- I think Allan may have seen the car -

Classic Marques sold him the car I believe, so Marko might be able to shed some light on this.

It certainly looked a very nice motor last October when the sale was happening.

Worth a look for sure

Ask Allan Jezzard or Marko on the Forum. I never actually saw this car but met Tim briefly at an East Saxons meeting last Sept/Oct- I think Allan may have seen the car -

Classic Marques sold him the car I believe, so Marko might be able to shed some light on this.

Already ahead of you on that one Rob…………..I spoke with MarkO on FB last night (it wasn’t Mark’s car but he did do some work on it) and ‘Uncle Pete’ spoke with Alan Jezzard and Alan Freeman for me last night too – good reports came back about the car which I’ve passed on to Marki.

Cheers

Andrew

PS – Classic Marques is now ‘Classic Marks’

hi Andrew just spoke to mark from classic marks, very helpful guy said they did £3200 worth of work inc recon box and od. he seems to think it was a sound car. i also spoke to Tim selling the car to arrange veiwing for later in the week.Mark said to look at the seat belt mounts in the corners also either side of the fuel tank behind the trim in the boot,rear chassis legs. any other common spots ? once again thanks to everyones help so far Mark. :)

hi Andrew just spoke to mark from classic marks, very helpful guy said they did £3200 worth of work inc recon box and od. he seems to think it was a sound car. i also spoke to Tim selling the car to arrange veiwing for later in the week.Mark said to look at the seat belt mounts in the corners also either side of the fuel tank behind the trim in the boot,rear chassis legs. any other common spots ? once again thanks to everyones help so far Mark. :)

Rear of the engine bay along the plenum seam and inside up behind the dash at each end of the plenum especially around where the drain tubes fit, rear corners of each front wheel arch inside the engine bay at the bottom seam where it meets the "Y" shaped panel that goes back to the bulkhead especially under the master cylinder. The front of the front arches where they meet with the inner wings. Bottom seam of the back panel and the closing panel up behind it that goes up to the boot floor. Rear of the boot lid up inside the rear return lip. Front end of the bonnet. Front of the inner sills where they meet the floor. Rear of the "B" posts where the rear wing bolts to it (Which also includes the seat belt mount that wraps around the arch at the bottom.) I could go on but you get the gist! ;)

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Just to add another option. Has anyone seen this one. Looks like an up together car and cheaper too.

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1345wt_1165

No connection.

Tim

Oooh "fully undersealed" YUK! Never a good sign in my book.

Stuart.

thanks Stuart. ive written it all down. Mark

As I said jack the bugger up... Stuart is right but you need to see the chassis THAT IS THE FOUNDATION. I have seen nice looking cars that are fu!!!! when stripped, then again a not so good looker that is soild as a rock

jack 1 wheel up at a time and open the doors is that right ? this is to see if its not twisting yeh.Mark.

just be careful that you don't over analyze the door test.. even a rock solid chassis will flex a little and depending on where you put the jack you may not be able to open the door. That is different from the top of the B post moving forward an inch when a rear wheel is lifted off the ground.

Stan

just to say a big thank to everyone from the forum, ive just looked at and bought Tim Smiths brg. its a very nice solid car and im very happy. :D ill post some pics when ive picked it up.thanks again for all the help Mark

just to say a big thank to everyone from the forum, ive just looked at and bought Tim Smiths brg. its a very nice solid car and im very happy. :D ill post some pics when ive picked it up.thanks again for all the help Mark

That looked a very nice Car,Enjoy your New Toy.

Nice one Mark, congratulations and welcome to TR6 ownership! B)

Cheers

Andrew