One very Happy Bald Rick

Now I'm not normally a fan of yellow..... its a long story that started with Ducati's !, but that looks fantastic !

Really looking forward to seeing all the cars, and meeting some drivers, at the IOW this sunday :D

Hi Tony,

nice one. Was it worth the wait - I think I know the answer.

There are cures/antidotes (beer) for the siezed cheek muscles caused by the silly grin you will now experience, but not too many though.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Get that hood down! Like Umbella's they should only be up when it's raining! :unsure:

Tony

Are you going to show us some more photos and an explanation of the work you've had done?

I think we would all be eagerly awaiting this - perhaps you are too busy driving the car, and no-one could blame you for that! :D

Regards

Peter

Tony

Simply love the colour you could start a trend away from Red with this, really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh on the Island B)B)B)

I presume start will be doing a seminar on how to take the roof down!!! Only kidding :lol::lol:

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for all your interest peeps.

Sorry to be a bit slow responding but I have been a bit busy getting myself and the car ready for the IOW.

The car is bloody fantastic (IMHO of course)

The car has been off the road for about 2 1/2 years. Stuart has spent about 18 months of that time working on the car.

It has been built for use, not show.

The car has been completely re-built on a new chassis, almost everything that can be replaced, has been. Engine by me, gearbox by Pete Cox, Overdrive by ORS, diff by Hardy engineering. Stainless bumpers, all new lights, iterior trim, carpets, hood, hood bag, tonneau, wheels, tyres. Suspension stripped and painted by me with new springs, Konis, all new polybushes, new custom loom, new screens. and so on and so on. Most of the work was done by Stuart with a little input from me.

There have been a few snags, not least of which is a poorly fitting hood. This has nothing to do with the trimmer, Les, or Stuart but is how it was supplied. I could write a small tome on the **** quality of "new" parts. :angry:

I am trying to write a small article for TRaction. I thought "The Road to Bankruptcy" might be a good title.

When I get back from the IOW I will publish some more pics here on the forum.

As for putting the hood down! Putting it down is no problem, getting it up again is almost impossible! (perhaps I should re-phrase that!)

Next stop triple Webers (Once I have the right cylinder head).

Will see you all at Harrogate and some of you later today!

Tony (now known as destitue of Farnham!)

Wow - brave choice of colour which proves what I've always believed - great cars look best in brave colours.

Be it a lime green Countach, an orange 911 or a yellow TR6 - the colours make the car - fantastic.

Also glad to hear the shut lines are in keeping with a quality rebuild. I've seen so many cars with barn door fit panel gaps with the excuse of "the cars for driving - not for looking at the panel gaps"

More photos would be nice - thanks for sharing a beautiful looking car.

For those of you desperate to know about the badge then Im sure Tony wont mind me posting this picture.

It is a one off design by Tony and if you have to ask then you cant afford it ;):o

Stuart.

TonysTR6612.jpg