ive gone and done it!

Hi all.

Well ive gone and done it now!! :P

Ive joined the ranks of the poser reg plate brigade!! ;)

Just found out my bid for a personal plate from the DVLA may be the winner!!

If nobody else bid the same price before me,as it was a sealed bid sale!! I win!

So just waiting for the bill to confirm it!! :blink:

YEP!! I just got the bill via Email! Am having a lie down and a cuppa now!

Maybe on the car in time for Stoneleigh or get them made up there!!

Its suitably apt though!! :P

ATR6H.jpg

Edited by PILKIE

So 'Sid' is no more, or at least incognito.

The fee for your TRaction article must have been better than average then? (usually zilch).

Nice article BTW - probably the first on a TR6 that I've read all the way through.

Hi all.

If nobody else bid the same price before me,as it was a sealed bid sale!! I win!

ATR6H.jpg

So do you have total flexibility re the letter spacing ?

He will always be called sid," SID THE 6" as my nephew said last week!!

AND!!! CHEEKY LITTLE BUGGER HE IS!!! He TOLD me that HE wants it left to him when I die!! :blink:

The original plate will be put back on if I keep the plate for another TR6!!

OR, I will either sell it or leave it on if I sell the 6,depends on the selling price!!

I wish there was a fee for the article," thanks by the way"!!

One things for sure,the rechroming of the bumpers is now on hold till the mid year bonus comes in!

IF??? we get one ???

The double garage can still go ahead! JUST!! :P

{{So do you have total flexibility re the letter spacing ?}}

No not legally,but lots do it,and if the police can read it they normally dont bother you!!

What most do is have a proper set in the boot,and if stopped say OOPS!! I forgot to take the show plates off! sorry officer!!

Edited by PILKIE

An alternative (and hopefully more legal way) to increase spacing is to simply use chrome or S/S bolts in the standard spacing. This fools the eye/brain into thinking there is a bigger space and would work quite well with your symmetrical spacing requirements (A.TR6.H). I suspect the bolts should technically be background colour, but paint does wear off doesn't it? ;)

Edited by BrianC
An alternative (and hopefully more legal way) to increase spacing is to simply use chrome or S/S bolts in the standard spacing. This fools the eye/brain into thinking there is a bigger space and would work quite well with your symmetrical spacing requirements (A.TR6.H). I suspect the bolts should technically be background colour, but paint does wear off doesn't it? ;)

Unfortunately it's not the eye that needs to be deceived! The problem is number plate recognition cameras which the police use to identify the uninsured, stolen etc. They seemingly need the legal spacing to be efficient so the police may have reason to crack dpwn.

Hi all.

ATR6H.jpg

Hi Pilkie,

I, as you may know have A TR6 0K on my TR6. Initially I had my registration plates spaced the way you have, the number of times I was followed home (when I lived in the UK) by the police so they could tell me they were illegally spaced and could face a fine. Fortunately I got away with it, usually it was just to have a chat about the car. I had new plates made up just outside of legal but not so obvious, I am still using them.

Regards,

Hi Dave.

I would think in Spain they dont worry you too much about it?

I have mocked the plate online a few ways!

Will probably go with a extra space between the R and 6

To make it; " A.TR 6.H " with a chrome securing bolt as per decimal point or full stops!

I know 2 coppers locally that have dodgy spaced reg no's!! ;) So they wont bother me! ;)

There are so many illegal plates,fonts on boy racers cars at the moment,and they do nowt about it.

Will keep a legal set in the boot for emergencies! ;)

ATR6H-1.jpg

Edited by PILKIE
Hi Dave.

I would think in Spain they dont worry you too much about it?

I have mocked the plate online a few ways!

Will probably go with a extra space between the R and 6

To make it; " A.TR 6.H " with a chrome securing bolt as per decimal point or full stops!

I know 2 coppers locally that have dodgy spaced reg no's!! ;) So they wont bother me! ;)

There are so many illegal plates,fonts on boy racers cars at the moment,and they do nowt about it.

Will keep a legal set in the boot for emergencies! ;)

ATR6H-1.jpg

looks jolly good to me wherever the screws go.

Unfortunately it's not the eye that needs to be deceived! The problem is number plate recognition cameras which the police use to identify the uninsured, stolen etc. They seemingly need the legal spacing to be efficient so the police may have reason to crack dpwn.

Precisely my point.

I'm not sure what the legal spacing dimension is, but I'm sure it is possible to fit the mounting bolts between any two letters/digits to achieve the desired effect. I wasn't suggesting any additional spacing.

I've seen plenty of ordinary, legally-spaced number plates fitted with the wrong-coloured or unpainted bolts between letters, and the (clearly unintentional) effect is to break up the registration into three segments.

Hi Pilkie,

In a word YES! You are now officially a poser, great isn't it!

My wife bought me a personalised number plate for a TVR some years ago; P900TVR. I was not expecting it, but like anyone else, I liked the fact that it meant the car was definitely mine!

By sheer chance, my TR4A has an unusual plate; CAR202F, that is original to the car!

TT

Hi all.

ATR6H.jpg

...my TR4A has an unusual plate; CAR202F, that is original to the car!

TT

Isn't every number plate unusual... after all, there is only one car (or should be!) with one registration mark!!! ;)

Brgds

Isn't every number plate unusual... after all, there is only one car (or should be!) with one registration mark!!! ;)

Brgds

I think the word you are looking for is unique ;)

Sue :rolleyes:

Question is, what does the H stand for?

Are you a TR6 Hero or a TR6 Harlot or.... :P

Ivor

Another number I enquired about could be made available!!!

If I wasn't lucky enough to win this one!!

All I would have to do is ask them to include it in a forthcoming next sale!!

Its ATR 670H!!! ===" A.TR6.70H "

I chose the one I won as my first option!!

If anyone is interested in also being a POSER!! :lol: I can let them know to include it,and they will E me when its due to come up!

Maybe in a sealed bid sale with a minimum reserve price,like mine was!!

You then place the bid price you are prepared to pay,at the res price or above the res price,and hope nobody else betters it!!

Or could be in an open auction!!

I could buy it and sell it for a little profit!! :P

If you have a number in your head,all you have to do is ask them,and they will let you know if it could be put up for sale!!

All the numbers they sell have never been issued before!!

A TR7 35L,,,A TR5 68G,,, A TR6 25L,,,anythings possible!!

I tried PLK 1E ,,DAV 1D ,, :P Both already on a car!! and cost the owners a good few quid as well!!

Another number I enquired about could be made available!!!

If I wasn't lucky enough to win this one!!

All I would have to do is ask them to include it in a forthcoming next sale!!

Its ATR 670H!!! ===" A.TR6.70H "

I chose the one I won as my first option!!

If anyone is interested in also being a POSER!! :lol: I can let them know to include it,and they will E me when its due to come up!

Maybe in a sealed bid sale with a minimum reserve price,like mine was!!

You then place the bid price you are prepared to pay,at the res price or above the res price,and hope nobody else betters it!!

Or could be in an open auction!!

I could buy it and sell it for a little profit!! :P

If you have a number in your head,all you have to do is ask them,and they will let you know if it could be put up for sale!!

All the numbers they sell have never been issued before!!

A TR7 35L,,,A TR5 68G,,, A TR6 25L,,,anythings possible!!

I tried PLK 1E ,,DAV 1D ,, :P Both already on a car!! and cost the owners a good few quid as well!!

PILKIE is available here in MA..

post-2242-1236117481_thumb.jpg

post-2242-1236117481_thumb.jpg

Vehicle check service comes back thus!! ;)

Sure you could afford it and the car its on if you really want it!! :lol:

The vehicle KNO88Y, a Mercedes C180 Komp. Avantgarde Se (4 Door Saloon), is on our database!!

You have to watch the spacing.

There is a huge crack down on this to do with this and incorrect fonts for road use. Appreciate your local lot will be ok with you, but you will be travelling out of your area with your car I assume?

You get a warning, and if you still don't comply and get another warning, the DVLA can (and will) sieze your numberplate.

I have a personal reg on retention which was on my Cerbera with a slightly smaller than standard front plate. Font was correct, spacing was correct, and I got tugged only the once. That was enough for me to revert to a legal one.

The plate was on other cars over the years with correct spacing and font - just the TVR got me into trouble! My fault - I let the dealer that sold me the car talk me into it!

The annoying thing is that there needs to be a crackdown on the way they sell these plates. DVLA included, these sellers positively encourage you to misrepresent your plate by the way they are advertised. :angry:

See for yourself - hardly a war crime IMO

Edited by trfella

Bought a number plate on retention which is for a near future 1968 Triumph Trophy 650cc motorbike(any one got one out there they want to sell)that I really fancy.Reg no 648 TRT.I have transferred on to my Jag and when my Wife and Daughter saw it in the driveway they exclaimed "It,s a Tart".Oh dear,I was so taken with the number for the Trophy I could not see further than that.Yes NLG have had a lot of mileage out of that one!.It is staying where it for now.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter.

P.S. See you in Stoneleigh.

Edited by harrytr5