Cleaning side screen perspex

Rog,

As the heater has not been fitted, the side screens are going to be on! I don't do cold :angry:

I can guarantee that they will be getting sprayed on.....lots! Any event which I take part in is always very wet. As someone who loves the heat, I once chose to run the 150 mile Marathon des Sables in the Sahara. The day the race was due to start, it rained, and rained and rained. It hadn't rained for 12 years and when I arrived it rained solidly for two days....not just drizzle, but proper rain of biblical proportions....the sort of rain that even Noah would have been caught out by. The desert washed away.

So, stand by everybody for the worst weather Britain has seen for a millennium next weekend.....starting on Friday at about 6pm.

Oh, and my underlay is not hairy!! :o

Vicky

Is the Round Britain calling in at Blyth Services as before, on the A1 ?

Hairy Underlay or not ! I would like to be there...

Have fun,

Conrad.

Vicky,

I use Meguiar's PlastX on TR3A's side screens and the rear windows of both TRs. It's an excellent product and will bring back dull and opaque perspex and soft plastic windows back to life - http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g12310-plastx-clear-plastic-cleaner-polish/#fOjF5AG5LcxqI0qM.97

Good luck on the RBR.

Cheers

Andrew

Is the Round Britain calling in at Blyth Services as before, on the A1 ?

Hairy Underlay or not ! I would like to be there...

Have fun,

Conrad.

Hello Conrad,

Yes, the Round Britain will be calling in at Blyth as before. We will be in a red TR3. PM sent.

Vicky :)

Edited by Ben's wife

The Greygate works well on soft-top windows and the sliding Perspex side-screen window, but it will not make the 'milky' Cobex fixed window clear. The fixed window is otherwise in good condition and I can see out of the window most of the time, but it is a real problem when looking out at an angle at junctions and roundabouts, especially on a sunny day. I suspect there is no cure other than to replace the Cobex but if anyone has a solution or suggestion, I'm willing to try. Even better if it's a relatively cheap solution like Brasso or Silvo.

Vicky

I use Novus No.1 Plastic Clean and Shine, from Moss, It stops fogging up in the car which is good, but their no´s 2 and 3 are for scratch removal, 3 being for heavier scratches.

I must say Menno´s solution sounds the cheapest and easiest to find and buy.

BTW Just come back from Switzerland and it rained hard there, and all through France on the way back to sunny Spain. Hood up all the way but no sidescreens in, as it is for protection against the sun here in summer.

Dave

There is a product called Hindsight which I have used in the past to clean a milky soft top window. It works extremely well. Here is a link:

http://www.hindsightuk.com/

It really is a effective as the website claims.

Rgds Ian

Thanks Ian. I will have one more try with the remains of my Greygate and if no better I will invest in Hindsight.