I found these Winguard TR250/5/6 - 894295 mirrors on marketplace recently. They’re boxed, never been used and still have their stickers on them. I was led to believe these were really rare, so very happy.

just got to fit them now where modern style mirrors with 2 screws are in their place. Might need some new paint and filling to do, unless I can find some oval shape rubber washer to hide them… Any ideas?

IMG_0267.jpeg

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

Edited by Neilson
Add extra

i need a pair of new mirrors for my race car [ don't ask ] if you want to dispose of your old ones.

Roy

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, roy53 said:

i need a pair of new mirrors for my race car [ don't ask ] if you want to dispose of your old ones.

Roy

Hi Roy, when I eventually get these fitted, I’ll be in touch ;)

I was quoted £650 + vat to fill up old holes, fit new mirrors and paint, so won’t be fitting them for a while!

Neil

Edited by Neilson
Edit

Neil,

Personally, I'd fit the new ones and just use a small grommet in the 'spare' hole. You could even stick a bit of paint on the grommet.

I'd have thought this will look acceptable until you decide to get any bodywork done.

It also means that Roy could have your old ones so that he can see the cars behind him on the track, and keep scrutineers happy.

David

Just now, david ferry said:

Neil,

Personally, I'd fit the new ones and just use a small grommet in the 'spare' hole. You could even stick a bit of paint on the grommet.

I'd have thought this will look acceptable until you decide to get any bodywork done.

It also means that Roy could have your old ones so that he can see the cars behind him on the track, and keep scrutineers happy.

David

Hi David, that’s what I’m looking at doing, it’ll be a cheaper option. I even thought of a little Union Jack either side, but I’d need them to curve around the door shape. Watch this space…

16 hours ago, david ferry said:

Neil,

David

it's the ones in front i need to worry about

18 hours ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

What do you usually run, Roy ? Vitalonis ?

The same as you Tom but had them removed at the last 2 Donington meetings

4 hours ago, roy53 said:

it's the ones in front i need to worry about

These are my exiting mirrors Roy, and you’re welcome to have them once I can fit the others. It looks like it’s going to be a tedious job though, as I’ll need to drill a larger hole in the existing front screw hole to 1/2”. It then looks like I’ll need to take of inner door panel and remove glass so I’ll hopefully be able to do the new one’s up. It might take a while to do as I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to this! 
Neil

IMG_0274.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

Usual location for one of those mirrors is as below 

Stuart

IMG_7748.jpeg

IMG_7747.jpeg

4 hours ago, Kenrow said:

Mirror placement per Triumph Service Bulletin:

Door Mirror Placement.png

Thanks Ken, what a great piece of memorabilia!!!

Thanks for the info, just got to pluck up the courage to start drilling haha!

Neil

Unless you’re going to do it correctly, by having the holes filled and sprayed. I’d leave it with the existing mirrors as lots of TRs have those mirrors, if your like me you wouldn’t be happy with grommets just painted.

Mike Redrose Group 

1 hour ago, Neilson said:

Thanks Ken, what a great piece of memorabilia!!!

Thanks for the info, just got to pluck up the courage to start drilling haha!

Neil

Do you have one of these?

image.jpeg.8561740d57aff8325eaeb2f58752d8f6.jpeg

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Do you have one of these?

image.jpeg.8561740d57aff8325eaeb2f58752d8f6.jpeg

No I don’t, looks like the perfect bit though.

I’ll do a search on Google images to find one, many thanks!

Edited by Neilson
29 minutes ago, brenda said:

Unless you’re going to do it correctly, by having the holes filled and sprayed. I’d leave it with the existing mirrors as lots of TRs have those mirrors, if your like me you wouldn’t be happy with grommets just painted.

Mike Redrose Group 

+1 and

2 minutes ago, Neilson said:

No I don’t, looks like the perfect bit though.

What are the called, so I can get myself one?

be careful useing that tapered bit in the very thin, relatively, metal of your door.

John.

Just now, John Morrison said:

+1 and

be careful useing that tapered bit in the very thin, relatively, metal of your door.

John.

Thanks John, I might leave it to the pro’s and get it sprayed and filled at the same time. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, brenda said:

Mike Redrose Group 

Hi, I have to agree with you. I took the mirror off and there’s going to be a fair bit of work. Like you, I don’t know if I could live with a painted grommet!

Best

Neil

Edited by Neilson
18 hours ago, Tom Fremont said:

If the doors are original the holes are already there ^_^

Hi Tom, it does seem that most TR250’s exported to the US didn’t have the wing mirrors installed, so I’m guessing these are the original doors… Good news! ;)

1 hour ago, Neilson said:

Hi Tom, it does seem that most TR250’s exported to the US didn’t have the wing mirrors installed, so I’m guessing these are the original doors… Good news! ;)

Where did you get that info from?

Stuart.