Hi all,

Neil, I believe Your mirrors got the wrong stem for door mounting on a 250.  On the other hand, I think they are right for wing mounting. So they are rarer than rare.

Sorry for bringing (halve) bad news.

Sugar

TR250 Original Rueckspiegel .jpg

post-13336-0-57216600-1483709893.jpg

On 4/18/2024 at 2:37 PM, Neilson said:

These are my exiting mirrors Roy, and you’re welcome to have them once I can fit the others. It looks like it’s going to be a tedious job though, as I’ll need to drill a larger hole in the existing front screw hole to 1/2”. It then looks like I’ll need to take of inner door panel and remove glass so I’ll hopefully be able to do the new one’s up. It might take a while to do as I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to this! 
Neil

IMG_0274.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

Nothing wrong with those mirrors. Majority of TRs have them. I would leave alone and sell your lucky find on.

Regards Harry

3 hours ago, Sugar said:

Hi all,

Neil, I believe Your mirrors got the wrong stem for door mounting on a 250.  On the other hand, I think they are right for wing mounting. So they are rarer than rare.

Sorry for bringing (halve) bad news.

Sugar

TR250 Original Rueckspiegel .jpg

The stem works either way round and the mirror can be fitted to either side of the stem as well. The black escutcheon isn't quite symmetrical however so may leave a witness mark if turned the other way.

That was a !@#$% of a find on those mirrors! :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Tom Fremont said:

The stem works either way round and the mirror can be fitted to either side of the stem as well. The black escutcheon isn't quite symmetrical however so may leave a witness mark if turned the other way.

That was a !@#$% of a find on those mirrors! :rolleyes:

Thanks Tom, that’s great advice.

I know, right time, right place to find these! 

On 4/20/2024 at 5:07 PM, Malbaby said:

"Harry TR" has the best advice....What you have now is the appropriate and best looking option.

Sell the "new" ones.

You'll have a line forming if you put them up for sale!

I'd pay silly money for them, notwithstanding the passenger side mirror cannot be adjusted to be useful, only to look pretty. And I already have extras ^_^