Electronic ignition

What is that famous saying?, "If you can remember the sixties you weren`t there man."

;)

Ralph

On 11/27/2023 at 5:53 PM, Ralph Whitaker said:

What is that famous saying?, "If you can remember the sixties you weren`t there man."

;)

Ralph

Beat me to it. I remember the 60s, I must have had a boring adolescence! Born in 53.

I remember the '60s.  I left school to start an apprenticeship in 1964.  My first weekly wage was £2-10s.  Bought my first car in 1967 (100E Anglia). 

• 1 month later...

I am contemplating having electronic ignition fitted to my 4A (note "having fitted" - not me doing the job, being a mechanical moron including electricals). Not looking for performance so much as reliability (although the old-fashioned rotor arm approach has not given any problems, although starting can be a bit of an exercise).

Any recommendations for which unit to purchase? - Lumenition or others?

Thanks in advance for any advice & comments.

Pete Muncer

17 minutes ago, Pete Muncer said:

I am contemplating having electronic ignition fitted to my 4A (note "having fitted" - not me doing the job, being a mechanical moron including electricals). Not looking for performance so much as reliability (although the old-fashioned rotor arm approach has not given any problems, although starting can be a bit of an exercise).

Any recommendations for which unit to purchase? - Lumenition or others?

Thanks in advance for any advice & comments.

Pete Muncer

Ring Distributor Doctor for unbiased advice.

https://www.distributordoctor.com/contact.php

Hi Peter,

welcome to the forum.

I think before you dive into the very interesting world (not) of Electronic sparks it may be an idea to find out why your 4A does not start easily

The Elec Ignition may help in some areas but poor starting must have a reason.

There are many 4A's running well on the original Contact Breaker

Roger