How to contact the Manager at Rimmers about a faulty item??...[see my post "Harmonic Balancer"]

I have been in contact with 2 members of their staff, but so far no satisfactory [to me] outcome.

It appears that I have to prove to Rimmers that the item [an unused harmonic balancer] is "unfit for intended use", as it is outside their warranty period.

Seems I would have to pay for a local engineering shop to allow me to video the bad runout problem with the balancer on their lathe....Not keen to throw away anymore money at this.

Plus being outside the UK makes contact difficult.

I've got  a few l useless part from Rimmer's over the years and just written them off- the  postage costs and the general messing around involved has just put me off returning them .

More disappointing is the time loss involved in trying to fit the part and often the loss of use of the car while I source an alternative component.

Good luck with finding someone in the company that will take ownership of your problem.

6 minutes ago, Mike C said:

I've got  a few l useless part from Rimmer's over the years and just written them off- the  postage costs and the general messing around involved has just put me off returning them .

More disappointing is the time loss involved in trying to fit the part and often the loss of use of the car while I source an alternative component.

Good luck with finding someone in the company that will take ownership of your problem.

+1 Buy elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, PodOne said:

+1 Buy elsewhere.

For simple body parts they're convenient, but for anything more complex I've learned to  research thoroughly before buying.

As Ive said on this forum in the past- I don't mind paying much extra for quality parts.

19 hours ago, Malbaby said:

Seems I would have to pay for a local engineering shop to allow me to video the bad runout problem with the balancer on their lathe....Not keen to throw away anymore money at this.

Is there a Men's Shed local to you? If they have a lathe I'm sure it would cost you nothing. I know my local one has a lathe, 'cos I gave it to them :D

Can you not get it balanced in a tyre fitting shop. Take a battery drill and good drill bit along can't be any different than balancing a tyre? 

I had enough of them when a item didn’t turn up and some smart a*** in their customer service dept suggested I went to the courier’s depot in Tamworth!

I had to spell it out mr contract was with them and if you use a poor company that isn’t my problem! 

Refund time! It turned up after a month! Messaged them to the effect of if you want it send a courier to collect as there was no way on earth I was going to be bothered to take it to the depot or post! No reply.

The balancer cannot be balanced properly as it has too much runout on both planes.

I have now found the name of Rimmers manager and emailed him for a possible resolution.

11 hours ago, Malbaby said:

The balancer cannot be balanced properly as it has too much runout on both planes.

I have now found the name of Rimmers manager and emailed him for a possible resolution.

Good luck with that :(

Stuart.