Unusual Police car spotted on Google street view (Willenhall)

3 hours ago, david ferry said:

Sorry to be a bore, but not particularly funny.

+1

I'm surprised whoever it is hasn't been given some 'advice' by the Old Bill. 

I think it's illegal to wear Blue lights, let alone use them on the road unless you are an authorised vehicle. Not sure about the livery, but the Police would have a lot more to discuss than just an offensive word.  If it was really there - I suspect a photoshop-job.

Hmmm.  False plates, not taxed or MOTd, (therefore without insurance) driven all over europe...........  Quite a few illegalities there then, if true.  Maybe the police are not interested because the owner never mis-gendered anyone.  

Edited by RobH
2 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

I suspect a photoshop-job.

I don’t think that Google Street view maps can be photoshopped.

Here is the link to the Street View page where I spotted it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.6132986,-2.0340894,3a,90y,131.03h,76.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdneu01cV7bmDHre4-dY7QQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

How did I end up there?

I noticed an advert on eBay for a “Lagonda 2 litre low chassis tourer”.( Just £80,000) When I looked at the seller name it rang a bell. He is the bloke that was (Still is) selling the wheeling machine I spotted a while back.

I went to look at his premises on Street View as he always seems to have some interesting cars parked outside. If you move down the street a bit you will see what I mean.

2 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

I think it's illegal to wear Blue lights, let alone use them on the road unless you are an authorised vehicle.

Having once had an ambulance with a blue light on top (Covered over with gaffer tape) I can say that at the time of my ownership the construction and use regulations stated (Something like..) :

“It is illegal to have a blue light or anything resembling a blue light on a vehicle whether it is working or not unless the vehicle is authorized to use it.”

I was never quite sure what something “Resembling a blue light” might look like.

Charlie.

59 minutes ago, Charlie D said:

I don’t think that Google Street view maps can be photoshopped.

Here is the link to the Street View page where I spotted it.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.6132986,-2.0340894,3a,90y,131.03h,76.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdneu01cV7bmDHre4-dY7QQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

How did I end up there?

I noticed an advert on eBay for a “Lagonda 2 litre low chassis tourer”.( Just £80,000) When I looked at the seller name it rang a bell. He is the bloke that was (Still is) selling the wheeling machine I spotted a while back.

I went to look at his premises on Street View as he always seems to have some interesting cars parked outside. If you move down the street a bit you will see what I mean.

Having once had an ambulance with a blue light on top (Covered over with gaffer tape) I can say that at the time of my ownership the construction and use regulations stated (Something like..) :

“It is illegal to have a blue light or anything resembling a blue light on a vehicle whether it is working or not unless the vehicle is authorized to use it.”

I was never quite sure what something “Resembling a blue light” might look like.

Charlie.

I’d say the Neighbours love him.

And, a little googling finds this article, courtesy of "Police car UK" an enthusiasts club (!): https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/a84da9c1-bb9d-459a-9332-af2592bee1db/downloads/1cep5vqg1_923502.pdf?ver=1684673367118    The last part is all about the law of dressing up like a policeman!