Wanted your old trailing arm drop links TR4a/5/6

Are the upgraded ball ones worth the additional expense? I just replaced mine with the standard type as I had a set sitting around. Should I just these wear out and then upgrade?

Edited by Kenrow
Spelling
1 hour ago, Kenrow said:

Are the upgraded ball ones worth the additional expense? I just replaced mine with the standard type as I had a set sitting around. Should I just these wear out and then upgrade?

The repros dont tend to last that long as the rubber in the pin flange isnt the same composition as the originals.

Stuart.

Could try https://www.classicdrivingdevelopment.co.uk/cat.asp?carID=8&page=TR5, TR250, TR6 bought some up rated ones from them a while ago for front and rear as the cheapo ones from you know who had split rubber and one popped apart before even seeing the road while the car was jacked up! Bin fodder.

Surprised none of the race boys haven't tried making some adjustable rose jointed offerings with some decent rubber boots to keep the grit out. Or have you?

Andy

Harry knows the ones I made years ago (1 for me , 3 sold).

All treads are UNF, the rose joints are good quality, the rods are stainless steel, fit them and forget.

My question to the forum members: what is one pair of them made on request worth?

Feel free and tell me, please.

CCD asks for 80 GBP?

COT5lXRX9mcBLnJkdgKiVhHHm-JOebOL0OT3vw98

Edited by Z320
44 minutes ago, Z320 said:

Harry knows the ones I made years ago (1 for me , 3 sold).

All treads are UNF, the rose joints are good quality, the rods are stainless steel, fit them and forget.

My question to the forum members: what is one pair of them made on request worth?

Feel free and tell me, please.

CCD asks for 80 GBP?

COT5lXRX9mcBLnJkdgKiVhHHm-JOebOL0OT3vw98

CCD ones are actually £84 inc VAT plus postage. Marco yours look much better made FWIW.

Stuart.

My rubber repro items failed after approx. 400 miles, I have fitted a pair of CDD linkages, and agree, these look better. I do not see a need voor SS but it will not harm and look nice, probably at a small extra cost. I would be happy to pay 100 euro a pair if I had not just bought the others.

Very nice Marco!

Waldi

Rimmers also supply them but they are out of stock - their price s £48.60 each.

I don't really know why I kept all my old ones but I subscribe to the view that you should never throw any old TR parts away - they will always come in useful one day- and that day just arrived! Glad to help Harry

Cheers Rich

Edited by rcreweread