Janet and John

I’ve just mentioned “Terry Wogan” on another thread and it has prompted me to pass on a recent YouTube discovery.
This might just amuse some of the older readers here.

I know it’s an acquired taste, and no doubt would be banned today, but I used to listen to these stories at 8.30 sitting in my car in the office car park. When the stories had finished, and I got out my car, I’d see two or three others doing the same. We all just had to wait till the end before we went into work. Most of us had tears in our eyes.

This is one. There are many more on YouTube . Just search for Janet and John

Charlie.

Hello All

I used to love them(still do) I have a cd somewhere with some of them on.

O happy days with Terry

Roger

1 hour ago, Ian Vincent said:

PS You'll have the moderators after you!

Not for Wogan he won't 

A class act if ever there was one

Just about the best radio programme ever broadcast . . . .we lost a great broadcaster whhen Terry left us

Great humour, aye you cannot beat basic seaside humour. Some wokers would say smutty (get a life)  but I say absolutely brilliant and so was Mr. Wogan, the best broadcaster ever to have walked this planet.

Alan G

I must have led a sheltered life, I have never heard that or others before ,

Bloody Brilliant,  Sunday morning has started well.

Thankyou,  Conrad.

Some of these were just amazing.

I was often  listening on the A41 queuing towards Hemel on my way to the office in restrained hysterics. It was hilarious to see who else was listening by observing the body language of the other bored commuters in their cars!

9 hours ago, Harbottle said:

They were absolutely fantastic, I don't know how he managed to get through reading some of them without total collapse in hysterics. Remember his pal in these " Deadly Derek"

I remember a couple of occasions when Terry did lose it and all you could hear was stifled giggling, for about a minute, best radio ever !!!!!!

Tim