Current Price of Fuel

I think they are in a dream world until Fusion power becomes a reality.

As usual the loons in charge of the UK seem to think we have to lead the way while manufacturing nothing to support the change instead we import the change from  generating capacity to the cars while the rest of the world sit back and revel in our stupidity and burn as much fossil fuel as they wish! 

When the mass of people unable to afford their electrical utopia and their lives impacted to the point they can neither afford to travel even to work or heat their homes and are stuck at home as the freedom of movement is prevented on the grounds of income they aren't going to be voting for them. Problem is there is no alternatives to the current three green wash parties staffed by people with large incomes where they are detached from reality.

Common sense has long left the building along with their brains. 

On 12/14/2022 at 10:48 PM, PodOne said:

What I don't understand with the supermarkets is the variability between their own stores. There are two Sainsbury's about 8 miles apart and there is a 4p/litre difference for both petrol and diesel and this differentiation seems to be maintained throughout the year.

The only difference is one store is in a more affluent area which make me suspicious of their motives.

It is called rip off!

18 hours ago, PodOne said:

I think they are in a dream world until Fusion power becomes a reality.

As usual the loons in charge of the UK seem to think we have to lead the way while manufacturing nothing to support the change instead we import the change from  generating capacity to the cars while the rest of the world sit back and revel in our stupidity and burn as much fossil fuel as they wish! 

When the mass of people unable to afford their electrical utopia and their lives impacted to the point they can neither afford to travel even to work or heat their homes and are stuck at home as the freedom of movement is prevented on the grounds of income they aren't going to be voting for them. Problem is there is no alternatives to the current three green wash parties staffed by people with large incomes where they are detached from reality.

Common sense has long left the building along with their brains. 

Quite agree! I am afraid that whatever some people may think the Country (certainly at this moment in time) is broken & run by the loons you mention & yes the others will be the same! 

On 12/14/2022 at 9:02 AM, Richardtr3a said:

Our roads are unused and very frozen out here in the country. I will have a look in the middle of the day if conditions improve.That is if the VW door will open and is not frozen closed.. There is a plastic sheet over the windscreen. It looks as if the sun is trying to fight off the clouds. :(

Richard & B

I have managed to leave the frozen country roads and visit the local garage in Clayhill, Sussex. They are  supposed  to be Ethanol free and the petrol is £1.52.9 and the diesel is £1.75.9.

But it is difficult to get the VW to move forward at the start. The wheels spin and it is slow to encourage them to grip. It also takes 15 minutes to clear the windscreen and other windows. But the dog enjoyed a different field and met some others. The sun was out and I managed to fit the front passenger seat back in the Passat. Small problem with the wiring.

Sunday is supposed to be warmer ??

Richard & B

1 hour ago, Richardtr3a said:

Sunday is supposed to be warmer ??

Must be global warming in action:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just filled up the Alhambra with diesel. €1.4999 litre, with 20 cents per litre off, courtesy of the Spanish government, makes €1.2999 litre (cheapest it's been for a long time).  Unfortunately that finishes at midnight 31st. December.

Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all.

Dave from sunny Spain

Filled up in Southampton yesterday (not the TR) @ 155.9 for E10 unleaded but noticed that on the M3 near Winchester they were asking 172.9 for the same stuff. Overcharging the captive audience on a motorway is a disgrace!

16 hours ago, monty said:

Filled up in Southampton yesterday (not the TR) @ 155.9 for E10 unleaded but noticed that on the M3 near Winchester they were asking 172.9 for the same stuff. Overcharging the captive audience on a motorway is a disgrace!

I thought there was legislation passed this year that outlawed the motorway services charging way over prices? After all, petrol lorries go up and down the motorways all the time should see services be cheaper IMNSHO..

4 hours ago, Steve-B said:

I thought there was legislation passed this year that outlawed the motorway services charging way over prices? After all, petrol lorries go up and down the motorways all the time should see services be cheaper IMNSHO..

Quite agree Steve but don’t think it works like that. I am always surprised that our ‘motoring organisations’ never seem to take an interest & make some kind of noise regarding fuel prices.

What are the thoughts on supermarket fuel, I recently had to replace all of the injectors on my modern daily driver. (50,000miles)

The garage that fixed it informed me that when all injectors fail at the same time, cheap supermarket fuel is most likely to be the cause 

15 hours ago, mkmick said:

What are the thoughts on supermarket fuel, I recently had to replace all of the injectors on my modern daily driver. (50,000miles)

The garage that fixed it informed me that when all injectors fail at the same time, cheap supermarket fuel is most likely to be the cause 

In my neck of the woods , supermarket petrol (generally ) is the most expensive . Sainsbury’s in Exeter ….really expensive . 

My two closest  shell garages (Ashburton and Trago mills ) are really good value at the moment . Weird !!!

On 12/31/2022 at 4:30 PM, monty said:

Quite agree Steve but don’t think it works like that. I am always surprised that our ‘motoring organisations’ never seem to take an interest & make some kind of noise regarding fuel prices.

Monty, I'm thinking of raising this with Howard/ Better Fuel lobby. Via www.thesun.co.uk they've successfully fought for better pricing (although petrol companies are still taking the proverbial) to see if they'd like to weigh in...thoughts?