Best plastic glue

Hi all, 

A DPO must have broken off the vacuum hose nozzle on our mini's ECU. It was badly superglued in place and broke off with minimal pressure. 

What would be the best way to repair this? It sits in the engine bay so must be temperature resistant. Thanks! 

PXL-20211219-133233096.jpg

Plastic glues are very difficult to identify as they vary with the many plastics out there.   Personally I would suggest opening up the bore a little and inserting a thin wall brass tube (available from model shops or on line) into both halves and then use a 2 part adhesive (like araldite) around the outside to hold it together.

Regards

Neil

Neil's suggestion of a metal reinforcing sleeve is the best way. A plain joint will probably fail whatever glue is used.

1 hour ago, Ransomes256 said:

Plastic glues are very difficult to identify as they vary with the many plastics out there.   Personally I would suggest opening up the bore a little and inserting a thin wall brass tube (available from model shops or on line) into both halves and then use a 2 part adhesive (like araldite) around the outside to hold it together.

Regards

Neil

Thanks Neil, genius! 

I've ordered some brass tube online with a hand drill to ream out the id to the correct size. 

I hope to be fitting a stage 1 kit over the holidays so it's annoying to be held up by such a small part! 

13 hours ago, Ransomes256 said:

Regards

Neil

Sleeving it is a great idea Neil

:D

On 12/19/2021 at 6:31 PM, Ransomes256 said:

Regards

Neil

+1.  That was the recommended dealer repair, rather than replace assembly, for the Rover plastic radiator pressure tank when the inlet hose connector broke, until the tank had a brass tube moulded in at production.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT