NOW SOLD THANK YOU - I have listed a complete original Triumph Surrey Top in the Classified Section of the website (A "TRADE" paid for advert by the way!) - (before my "Sad Stalker" :D) reports me to a moderator for trying to list something that far exceeds £250 on here. :lol:

Even the "Stupid" amongst us :blink: (this is sarcasm by the way, just in case you didn't realise!) know that a Surrey Top will far exceed the value of £250 so this is a polite heads up to any serious interested party to go over to the Classified Section and have a little browse if you are serious.........

John M - I look forward to your PM very shortly :ph34r:

:wub:

Edited by marko

Hi Marko,

Well who could resist such a tempting invitaion?

Those who follow stuff avidly on our forum, will know that I recently, sold a TR 3A on behalf of the widow of a group member.

That car, whilst advertised in our, 'Classifieds' was also noted in the relevent section, more than once as it happens, so it would seem somewhat hypecrytical

to do that myself and then censor your post.

I personally think, and this is just my veiw, that there is  little harm in flagging up the fact that you have an item, or a bunch of stuff, even a car for sale on our classifieds and or even listed on a wider, say internet  market place. I know for instance that if I were looking for a particular item, giving me the best chance to find it would be a help. Why not list in our TR4/TR4A Section?

As you say you Marko, you mark this as trade sale on our classifieds, as the rules dictate, I have no issues with this, good luck with the sale, I hope someone gets the early Christmas Present of a Surrey top!

John.

Hi John,

I thought i'd try to add a bit of humour to my listing (this time) as life is toooooo short :D

As you know, I try to help Register members whenever I can (like yourself) but feel sometimes certain members loose track of this and this can lead to bad feeling, which is not what our club is about....

Anyway I hope you and your family have an excellent festive break and all the best for the New Year! 

Cheers Mark

• marko changed the title to Surrey Top Complete - NOW SOLD
1 hour ago, roger murray-evans said:

Well, of course, 2 wrongs don't make a right.If everyone decided to advertise their

advertisement for over an £250 item, in the under £250 ads area, it's going to make

at least one or both arenas totally irrelevant, which is, of course, not really in the spirit of

the 'under £250' section in the first place. 

Roger M-E

Or yet another reason to bring back the original Buy/Sell/Trade section that served us so well for years till someone decided to remove it.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, roger murray-evans said:

Well, of course, 2 wrongs don't make a right.If everyone decided to advertise their

advertisement for over an £250 item, in the under £250 ads area, it's going to make

at least one or both arenas totally irrelevant, which is, of course, not really in the spirit of

the 'under £250' section in the first place. 

Roger M-E

Hi Roger, 

Yes you would be correct IF, that is what happened.

It is not.

John.

I never understood the reason for the £250 limit in the first place, if I have something that I only want to offer for sale to club members, then surely I should be able to ?? 

19 minutes ago, Graham said:

I never understood the reason for the £250 limit in the first place, if I have something that I only want to offer for sale to club members, then surely I should be able to ?? 

I agree Graham, Baring in mind I have been a "paid up" member of the TR Register for a long long time, i've nearly given up listing things on the Forum or Classified section being honest as it's too much hassle and certain people keep whinging that I'm trade and keep reporting me for advertising.....

I do sometimes think the club is losing direction in relation to keeping our cars on the road and trying to help other members......

What do I know.....:ph34r: 

1 hour ago, stuart said:

Or yet another reason to bring back the original Buy/Sell/Trade section that served us so well for years till someone decided to remove it.

Stuart.

+1

Sales is a service to the buyer as much as the vendor. It may be time to scrap the £250 caveat. 

I suppose the Register gets some revenue (although relatively small) for charging for Trade adverts on the Classified section, however its free for trade and private (members) to advertise in the Buy / Sell / Trade section under £250.

I think the old system was much better but there must be some logical reason why they changed it surely? 

6 hours ago, Drewmotty said:

+1

Sales is a service to the buyer as much as the vendor. It may be time to scrap the £250 caveat. 

+1

the classified section is in my experience a trip down Anarchy  Lane.

Bring back Buy Sell Trade.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
13 hours ago, marko said:

I suppose the Register gets some revenue (although relatively small) for charging for Trade adverts on the Classified section, however its free for trade and private (members) to advertise in the Buy / Sell / Trade section under £250.

I think the old system was much better but there must be some logical reason why they changed it surely? 

I cant remember why it was changed, I know we all disagreed with the change at the time but as per usual it was imposed on us anyway regardless.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 5:30 PM, Drewmotty said:

+1

+1

I agree, bring back BST as it worked fine as it was and still keep this section limited to members - I never understood the rationale (if one was given at the time?) for the £250 limit.

On the current £250 limit, assuming I have a pair of leather TR6 CP seats good condition c/w brackets and I advertised them on here for £250 each seat and bracket (but will not split), I wonder how that would be received by the mods - would I get a PM or would the ad be deleted? 

Cheers, Andrew

I remember why it was scrapped , and i was certainly one that lobbied for it to come back on the open Forum. 

So a concession was made and here we are with the  For Sale , Swap or Wanted section with a £250 limit.

If i am right in thinking it was trialled at £250  , to possibly go back to the old type system , as and when.

Perhaps this is the time.

Happy Christmas Everyone,  

Conrad.

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.