hi all,

I just fitted a smaller pulley to my supercharger meaning a jump from 4 to 7 psi boost. This means a lot more torque (and a lot of smiles).

Only issue is now I think the clutch is slipping at full throttle in 3rd and 4th. 

Think I need a stronger clutch. Any suggestions, recommendations.  

Tim

12 hours ago, Tim D. said:

hi all,

I just fitted a smaller pulley to my supercharger meaning a jump from 4 to 7 psi boost. This means a lot more torque (and a lot of smiles).

Only issue is now I think the clutch is slipping at full throttle in 3rd and 4th. 

Think I need a stronger clutch. Any suggestions, recommendations.  

Tim

Talk to these guys they will uprate your present one correctly to suit your needs  http://www.precisionclutch.co.uk/

Stuart.

Thx Stuart. I'll contact them. Will also look into the Laycock cover. 

9 hours ago, Casar66 said:

Try the Sachs 3082 100 142

Its for Saab 900 turbo.

It is for stronger engines then standard PI.  The "weaker" Sachs 141 works perfect in standard and mild tuned TRs, up to 170 PS I guess. 

Does it fit with the standard cover?

Yes, normal size. I am using the 141 in my car with a B&B plate and a Toyota bearing. works perfect. An d I had lots of troubles in the past with my clutch.

I know  142 I know from my time with a Saab 900 Turbo some years ago. In the Saab it worked nice, only just a little more power is needed. I guess (!) that you will need a stronger leg in the TR as well but not that much that only an athlete can use it. 

5 hours ago, JochemsTR said:

3082 100 142 and 041 are clutch covers. For the plate you can use B&B as available @ Moss.

I did lots of measurements on clutches... 142 requires 60% more force than 041 !!

Jochem

Testsetup.JPG

Ok gotcha...