Euro Trip Route Plotted

Well, we leave this Friday and this is the route (minus local drive-outs and diversions) we're taking in VUX for our 3 week Euro trip: Portsmouth to Santander and return via Calais - Dover:

Santander, Spain - Lenno, Italy:

Route - Santander to Lenno.png

Lenno, lake Como - Lake Lucern(via the Furka Pass) - Calais

Route - Lenno to Calias.png

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Good Luck Andrew.

I hope the car and the weather play ball.

Somewhere between home and the coast you will suddenly remember that little important part :o

In the past I've forgotten shoes, trousers, parts for the car, parts for the tent etc etc .......  but everything can be sorted on route.

drive safely

Roger 

Have a great trip, Andrew. We're currently one week into our 3 week TR6 trip down to S Italy and back. Car is going great guns and drawing much attention, so yours will definitely be doing the same. We dìd cheat a bit though - used the overnight motorail between Dusselforf and Innsbruck. Currently in Pisa with Rome tomorrow. Every day has been 27degC or more, so don't forget to wear a hat when driving! Enjoy your drive!!

2 hours ago, Kiwifrog said:

Hi Andrew

I hope you and Bev have a great time, I guess you will be stopping in Mulhouse on the way ? :rolleyes:

https://www.citedelautomobile.com/en

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Mulhouse is on the A35 to Hattonchatel where we're staying overnight, so we'll play it by ear on the day; it also depends how the Furka Pass goes and whether VUX's brakes still work after the descent......don't tell Bev I said that! :D

We're going to Angouleme in Sept with 'Uncle Pete' and Mandy - see you there?

Cheers, Andrew

1 hour ago, Alfrom said:

Have a great trip, Andrew. We're currently one week into our 3 week TR6 trip down to S Italy and back. Car is going great guns and drawing much attention, so yours will definitely be doing the same. We dìd cheat a bit though - used the overnight motorail between Dusselforf and Innsbruck. Currently in Pisa with Rome tomorrow. Every day has been 27degC or more, so don't forget to wear a hat when driving! Enjoy your drive!!

Sounds a great trip 'Alf', glad all is going smoothly and the 6 is behaving itself - weather is encouraging and I'm taking a selection of hats, including my white Rubettes one.........:huh:

Have a safe and event free remaining 2 weeks.

Cheers, Andrew

2 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

Hi Alan,

Mulhouse is on the A35 to Hattonchatel where we're staying overnight, so we'll play it by ear on the day; it also depends how the Furka Pass goes and whether VUX's brakes still work after the descent......don't tell Bev I said that! :D

We're going to Angouleme in Sept with 'Uncle Pete' and Mandy - see you there?

Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew 

yep will be there for the whole weekend, I joined the organizing team last year and ended up as a paddock marshal, loads of fun but hard work, I think I will be doing the same this year, my son Davyd will be a track marshal after sitting the course and passing his marshaling exam earlier this year

cheers

Alan

17 hours ago, Kiwifrog said:

Hi Andrew 

yep will be there for the whole weekend, I joined the organizing team last year and ended up as a paddock marshal, loads of fun but hard work, I think I will be doing the same this year, my son Davyd will be a track marshal after sitting the course and passing his marshaling exam earlier this year

cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Nice one - well done to Davyd too!

Will you look out for you when we're there - does your mobile still end in 632?

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew

Have a great trip, looks fantastic and of course you'll be fine, you're in a TR !

Did a similar trip last year except we went up the West coast, so not as many miles, you're such a petrol head ! :D

Bon Voyage and don't forget to share 

12 hours ago, North London Mike said:

Andrew

Have a great trip, looks fantastic and of course you'll be fine, you're in a TR !

Did a similar trip last year except we went up the West coast, so not as many miles, you're such a petrol head ! :D

Bon Voyage and don't forget to share 

Thanks Mike,

The weather looks **** for our drive to catch the ferry at Portsmouth on Friday but hopefully we're sailing away from it all - Bev's the petrolhead, she planned it..........:)

Cheers, Andrew

This looks pretty much exactly the route my good lady and myself have been talking about for the last few years! I’d be VERY interested in your experiences/advice upon your return Andrew.......lots of pics for those of us back in Blighty please :)

simon