I run 28 psi front and rear on my Vredestein Sprint Classics. This was the recommendation of Hendrix Wite Wheel who sold the 4.5-inch 60-spoke wheels and 165/80-15 tires to me and I've had no reason to change from their targets.

Edited by Don H.

24 front 26 rear is usual setting though it also does depend on what your doing with it. One up normal driving thats fine, if your loading it up for high speed touring then up by 2lbs front and rear will be better.

Stuart.

If you have been inadvertently running so low, make a point of checking the sidewalks for cracking.

I would try 24f 28 r for everyday running and put another 2 ilbs in the rears for a full load or sustained high speeds.

Whatever you settle on keep 4psi difference Fronts to Rears - this is important.

John

I run 28 psi front and rear on my Vredestein Sprint Classics. This was the recommendation of Hendrix Wite Wheel who sold the 4.5-inch 60-spoke wheels and 165/80-15 tires to me and I've had no reason to chance from their targets.

26/28 on same tyres and spoke rims as Don.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew, if you look at almost all tyre fitment charts of the era, then the vast majority of RWD have something approaching 4lbs difference front to rears with the rears always higher.

It's to do with the slip angles of the tyre, and to ensure the car stays as an under steering animal.

John.

I've got the 155 verdestiens on tubeless wires but I think they look to flat at the lower pressures. I've been trying higher pressures just to see if it makes any difference and I've just put them up to 30 psi all round. They look better and will report back following today's run out.

Regards, Pete

• 3 weeks later...
  1. Hi

Are you talking about radials?

I used to drive from London to Lisbon at constant speeds over 90 mph (yes, I'm still alive!) and always went over the recommended 24/32 from the owners manual to 30/32 and I cannot see anything wrong with that.

Edited by qim