Not highly technical this question, but couldn't think where else to post it. At a recent show I was talking with another 5 owner and noticed he had some seat belt guides attached to his head restraints. They look a good idea and I'd like to get a pair. My seats are Moss, so I thought I'd look there first, but they only seem to have them for seats with a single bar head rest, rather than the two bar type I have. Anyone know of a supplier offering a wide selection of these devices?

Darren

Thanks Harry. I'll take a look around that website. Only thing is, if the ones being sold there fit MX5 seats, I'm not sure they will fit the set up I have. I've got two round bars down from the restraint into the seat and they are round (not flattened), if you see what I mean.

Cheers, Darren

Thanks Harry. I'll take a look around that website. Only thing is, if the ones being sold there fit MX5 seats, I'm not sure they will fit the set up I have. I've got two round bars down from the restraint into the seat and they are round (not flattened), if you see what I mean.

Cheers, Darren

I fitted them to Dave IOW`s MX seats and they have round tubes, there is an Allen screw to locate them.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. They should be fine then. Did the ones you fitted to Dave's car come from Mike Satur? I've looked on the website and there seem to be several version.

Cheers, Darren

I fitted them to Dave IOW`s MX seats and they have round tubes, there is an Allen screw to locate them.

Stuart.

oooh, I wonder if they would work on my Ridgards????? The securon belts are annoying too long for a sidescream and just flop in a pile behind the seat and jam.

6ABA4C65-8814-43A7-919D-C77FAE24B307_zps

Ah that's just what I need thanks for that Stuart. One thing I guess they're the ones advertised 'octagonal shape' 25 notes for the pair?

Low tech versions costs about tuppence and works perfectly.

Take a long cable tie, loop it around the belt and around the headrest bar and tighten until the strap sits at the right place for your shoulder, job done no more floppy lost seat belts.

Alan

PS you can also get them in virtually any colour to match your interior :)

oooh, I wonder if they would work on my Ridgards????? The securon belts are annoying too long for a sidescream and just flop in a pile behind the seat and jam.

6ABA4C65-8814-43A7-919D-C77FAE24B307_zps

I would have said so yes.

Stuart.

Darren, if you've got my old 5 the seats were Richard ones not Moss. I tried the moss seats and thought them too high from floor ...let me know how you get on asI have the same issue on my 6 and again Richard seats installed.

Darren, if you've got my old 5 the seats were Richard ones not Moss. I tried the moss seats and thought them too high from floor ...let me know how you get on asI have the same issue on my 6 and again Richard seats installed.

Thanks Robin. Still the same seats, but I had it in my mind that they were Moss for some reason. I've ordered those guides, so will let you know if they work.

Darren

P.S. You say "Richard" seats, should that be "Ridgards"?

Edited by TR5tar

Indeed Darren Ridguards , spell checker not quite as smart as it this is. Colette me know tho,good luck.

Hi all,

I have the same problem with my 4a so think the guide idea is great, however I have the Moss replacement seats with a single oblong steel mount on the headrests

is there a guide to fit these seats?

how do you get the bl***y headrests out?

hope someone can help

regards Lee

Hi all,

I have the same problem with my 4a so think the guide idea is great, however I have the Moss replacement seats with a single oblong steel mount on the headrests

is there a guide to fit these seats?

how do you get the bl***y headrests out?

hope someone can help

regards Lee

There is a guide http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-pair-seatbelt-guides-British-Leyland-logo-triumph-TR6-TR7-Jaguar-/182156754352?hash=item2a69637db0:g:orgAAOSwrklVYdaK

Stuart.

Low tech versions costs about tuppence and works perfectly.

Take a long cable tie, loop it around the belt and around the headrest bar and tighten until the strap sits at the right place for your shoulder, job done no more floppy lost seat belts.

Alan

PS you can also get them in virtually any colour to match your interior :)

Done that but they still twist within the cable tie on my car. A damn nuisance!

Cheers.

These have just arrived. Will take a pic fitted tonight.

The hole is round in this case (which fits the Ridgard head rest.

Hole is circa 10mm dia - alan key to tighten on. They will sit 80mm outside of the headrest post. 10mm deep, 15mm front to back.

Bought off eBay and they posted same day. £21.99

The notes with them state the obvious about not over tightening and stripping the thread. I am tempted to find the correct /best position for me, then drill a slight hole in the headrest post to keep the locking nut in position.

ED9ADDA6-F99E-44C8-9793-DD4744CB7269_zps

These have just arrived. Will take a pic fitted tonight.

The hole is round in this case (which fits the Ridgard head rest.

Hole is circa 10mm dia - alan key to tighten on. They will sit 80mm outside of the headrest post. 10mm deep, 15mm front to back.

Bought off eBay and they posted same day. £21.99

The notes with them state the obvious about not over tightening and stripping the thread. I am tempted to find the correct /best position for me, then drill a slight hole in the headrest post to keep the locking nut in position.

ED9ADDA6-F99E-44C8-9793-DD4744CB7269_zps

Hope you have luck with those Austin. My ones from Mike Satur arrived today, but I found they were no good for my seats. I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere on the MS site what the hole diameter is, but I should have made contact and checked. Anyhow, I didn't, I just sent off for them and found the hole to be 10mm, but the tubes on my Ridgards are about 13-14mm. I was going to try drilling the holes out, but I can see that there's not enough width. Pity, as they look good.

Darren

Darren is correct, the hole in t'widget is circa 10, whilst the rRdgard headrest stem is circa 12.7 (and made of hollow tube so not really capable of being turned down).

So, I put my cahoonas on, grabbed a 13mm drill (which also happened to be 12.7!) and did some hand held drilling over the kitchen sink - much to the wife's dismay - (although I'm amazed she is still has any dismay left) (maybe she felt I should use a vice ?).

Anyway, if you are darned lucky, it just about works, but with about 1.1mm on each side (call me lucky).

Pics and selfie attached.

Yes its upside down and doesn't really work this way, but I couldn't get in the passenger seat.

Not convinced that they are great for a sidescream unless you have the upper bracket much further back on the wheel arch than I do (another botch for later in the summer, but then where does the bottom bracket go?)

A950A797-71DF-4811-9227-3E58743B81BD_zps

25F203B0-6DC8-43B0-B2E3-223584E0B34F_zps

E223C2DF-98AA-435E-B3DD-B3316D0ED1D0_zps

Yes its upside down and doesn't really work this way, but I couldn't get in the passenger seat.

IMHO that is way too high, if you really need that seat belt you have about 3" of slack in there and that bracket has zero strength,its supposed to be a guide nothing else.

Alan

I've ordered some too as the belt is currently abrading the back corner of the seat. However guide or not I would be more comfortable if it connected to both of the headrest supports, I think that would prevent it possibly twisting round and prodding one in the neck on the rebound in an accident!