Hi Tony

Moss do an adjustable top fulcrum kit, part number as follows, but check it's the right one:-

Adjustable front upper fulcrum kit . . . . . . . . . . . .200659X . . . .£146.95

However, you have to play about to get the desired camber and then weld the brackets in position to stop them moving. Depends a lot on just about everything including tyre slip angle, pressures, springs etc, but probably around -2 degrees should be enough.

Much more than that and the outside of your tyres will do absolutely nothing in ordinary road use and corners, and you'll actually lose grip.

Regards

Kevin

As far as I know the MOSS kit is from Bastuck where it

can be bought cheaper.

It works and installation is possible but it did not have my

full confindence so I did not fit it.

Although negative camber is a big progress on corners,

especially with /80 or /70 tires, the running straight suffers.

This will be even bigger when the front has the castor with 0 degrees.

Moss used to offer King pins with negative camber. They were OOS when I was at that stage in my rebuild so I opted for the Revington kit which I suspect is the same as the Bastuck kit. Fitting it was fairly straightforward. I opted for 1.25 deg of negative camber.

Rgds Ian

The adjustable top wishbone mount kit Revington sell is their own design and manufacture - only to be copied by the rest of the sellers to undercut the price.

Yes it works better than hacking 3/8" (10mm) out the top wishbone arms as we did 40 years ago to our competition cars.

Think about the Revington reduced bump steer, steering lever kit on a sidescreen car - a fabulous improvement for bump steer.

My own car runs the Moss neg camber vertical posts ( the first pair comisioned that were trial items in 1989) With hindsight I would now go for the adjustable system and suffer the titting about to get it set up correct.

Peter W

I have fitted the Bastuc adjustable upper fulcrum purchased from the TR shop.

Note the kit is for a TR4 the bolts are the wrong length for TR2-3a.

It took awhile to set up & I decided on 0.6 dgs -ve as just being noticeable. I think 2 degs would be too much for road use, & would look wrong.

I also fitted the steering geometry kit, & the sprung top cover for steering box, & also fitted late TR4 trunnions , with TR4a-6 upper wishbones to give 3 degs castor.

The effect of all of these mods is a much improved steering.

Bob

Yes Bob, I too fited the Revington kit in addition to the TR4A upper arms giving 3 deg castor etc... For an old man, the fitting of the Revington R&P makes the car drive a and steer to almost perfection..... ;):)

The filosophy of Neil Revington is to not intervene on the LENGTH of the upper arms as the arc of movement is modified. By moving the inner upper mounting points the circle of rotation remains as it originaly was.

My brain might be too old to understand it all... hello Mr Alsheimer.....but for that reason I tend to consult the experts.. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...