CREAM PUFF TR4 IN THE 'STATES

Take this one apart, guys / gals ;) . Missing bumper struts and door mirror already accounted for; thanks.

Early car with correct carpet, steering wheel ( how rare is that! ) and...chrome windscreen cap / cockpit surround! Also sports correct dash with early convex gauges and bright aluminium centre plinth.

Looks correct under the bonnet, too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331849108983?item=331849108983&rmvSB=true

Cheers,
Tom

Edited by Tom Fremont

Hi Tom

Exceptional finish and a great restoration. Only thing I have issues with are chrome wires ( makes it look a bit dude..oops sorry dudes!)

Shame it's a lefty, but then the EU will have us driving on the other side of the road before long anyway if we don't vote LEAVE on 23rd June!

Regards

Kevin

Tom,

Nice find. Really lovely car but perhaps not quite Concours which is all the better in my book.

Looks like original crash pads and grab handle plus proper chrome indicator stalk as well indicative of proper TLC or a particularly assiduous restorer.

Lovely fit of the soft top which is again, difficult to achieve.

I would bet the car 'owes' the seller at least £40k (£60k if the work was done in a 'top shop,' and £200,000 in Roger's hands @ £10/hour)

It would make those kind of numbers in a posh European auction but the US is still the place to buy with import costs maybe only £3/4k all in.

Possibly only more valuable if it was the same originality but in rust free 'barn find' condition.

If it drives like it looks (and the rest of the detail suggests it will) anyone wanting a proper LHD TR4 should take it very seriously.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Paul Harvey

Note their completed sales, 234 cars of which only 30 have sold, that's an awful lot that didn't make reserve . . . . . and some of those that 'sold' are now back on sale . . . . :blink:

Norman Vaughan used to have a couple of words for such circumstances.

Cheers

Alec

Hi Tom

Exceptional finish and a great restoration. Only thing I have issues with are chrome wires ( makes it look a bit dude..oops sorry dudes!)

Shame it's a lefty, but then the EU will have us driving on the other side of the road before long anyway if we don't vote LEAVE on 23rd June!

Regards

Kevin

Its funny you say that Kevin.When they removed the keep left signs many years ago I thought the same then.

Regards Harry

Not going to get involved in 'picky' comments but

I DO want to add that the carpet is NOT correct.

The pile seems similar but the shade of grey is

far too light.

Roadster Factory supplied me with something

much closer to original (about 5 years ago).

AlanR

Real shame about the panel fit and it looks to be black underneath. Trim is awful, incorrect and not very well fitted also covered in Armor-All (You`d slide off every surface!) No tonneau clips on the dash. Horrid blue insulating tape all over the wiring loom. Black thermostat housing. Boot trim awful with extraneous clips for boot floor board. Rotisserie restored in US parlance does not mean body off BTW.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Looks a bargain to me for someone in the States unless there is something seriously wrong with it.

If I lived over there I would snap it up especially with that lovely looking weather & clear non-potholed roads!

" Rotisserie restored in US parlance does not mean body off BTW "

Yes, quite so, and hence my querying the lack of underside photos . . . . . I've seen from the USA some beautifully finished cars on **** chassis before now.

That can be a huge disappointment to a buyer who has paid good money, erroneously assuming that the underside will match the visible topside.

Caveat emptor.

Cheers

Alec