New TR6 Book about to be published

I understand there is a new TR6 book about to be published according to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/178500137X?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I know there is a very pretty Damson 6 featured, and maybe one or two from other Register members.

Should be a very interesting read and one to leave on the coffee table.

Jim

_DSC9454.tiff

I understand there is a new TR6 book about to be published according to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/178500137X?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I know there is a very pretty Damson 6 featured, and maybe one or two from other Register members.

Should be a very interesting read and one to leave on the coffee table.

Jim

attachicon.gif_DSC9454.tiff

And a very nice original unrestored TR6 too Jim..................looking forward to getting my copy from David Knowles, the author!

Edit: just noticed the publication date of 25 April, that's my 35th wedding anniversary - do I dare buy the LHC a copy as an anniversary present?!

10678833_10203413335029272_2448319934989

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Edit: just noticed the publication date of 25 April, that's my 35th wedding anniversary - do I dare buy the LHC a copy as an anniversary present?!

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew

Go for it, you only live once and anyway, what's the worst that can happen?

Edited by wjgco

Hi All!

It will be very interesting for me to see if it continues many of the TR6s myths that have sprung up over the last 40 years and whether it gives Leyland North America, later called JRT NA, any credit for the birth of this model?

Bruce.

Andrew, wrap the book in, together with a nice " flacon de Chanel " :wub:

Jean,

:D - but if I could bottle the 'new' smell of the interior, I'd make a fortune!

Like Graham says, David Knowles is a first class author who researches his subject matter of interest in infinite detail, it will indeed be the 'Complete Story'.

Cheers

Andrew

Bruce,

You'll have to wait for the book to come out but yes it does give Leyland North America in particular Bruce McWilliams a lot of the credit for the development of a lot of the TR6 features. As Andrew notes it will indeed be the complete story.

cheers

Derek

Speaking about the complete story I wonder how much is said about TR6's assembled in Belgium....did the author find lost information.. ;)

I collect books about TR's since the 70th, beside some of the Roger Williams books about restoration I think I have most of them , some in German and French, not translations

The pile is now about 6 feet in length, but my favourite TR6 book is still a book simply called "Triumph TR6" by William Kimberley published by Veloce in 95

There is little to say about the TR6 that is not mentioned in this book.. :)

• 3 months later...

Just received my copy!

First skim through and it looks like a really interesting book.

Also isn't it nice to see a Damson 6 featured amongst those common red & yellow ones...

Jim

Ah Jim, that's fighting talk.................. :D

Also got my complementary copy today - it's a very nice piece of work and even includes a very nice green 'Alitalia'.

13466373_10206997370947930_8336765844459

13403261_10206997371147935_5921417579154

13450767_10206997371107934_4880098980282

Cheers

Andrew