I'm tempted..but shouldn't really. How much do you think its worth? £10k?

I'm tempted..but shouldn't really. How much do you think its worth? £10k?

Hi, Surely you jest :) Someone on this forum is asking £ 9750 for just an inner TR250 body shell and 2 doors, so I expect this will finish up at £ 20K at least.

Rex

I tried to buy this when it 1st came up, he wouldn't give me a price to buy. This was over a week ago...

Guess he wants eBay to dictate the price...

Tom

Don't you just love ebay sellers who are unwilling or unable to understand that listing an item on auction represents at least a moral contract . . . . .

The moment I see a phone number or a mention of the item being listed elsewhere, then it's time to move on . . . . TW seller.

Cheers

Alec

Don't you just love ebay sellers who are unwilling or unable to understand that listing an item on auction represents at least a moral contract . . . . .

The moment I see a phone number or a mention of the item being listed elsewhere, then it's time to move on . . . . TW seller.

Cheers

Alec

Yep

And it could be his loss

Edited by ntc

Just spoken to the seller. He has been offered £15 and refused it. He now has three fighting over it offering £17.5. I reckon that if he waits he'll get 20k.

Dave B

Worlds gone Mad!

How much on top to restore it to a good standard, £50K plus?!

How much on top to restore it to a good standard, £50K plus?!

" Good " is the operative term, here - considerably more for a concours winner.

I've seen as much as 4000 hours put into a TR ( it was a TR6 ). Do the math...

This is why the prices are going up, and will go far higher for the TR5 and older ones soon, followed by the TR6 ultimately IMO. Ample precedent is set by other marques, Porsche chief among them.

Cheers,

Tom

I did know about this car a while ago as he inquired about what it would take to rally it! I think its been off the road for about 30yrs hence not known about by the register and DVLA. He didnt give a lot for it so just trying to cash in as he realised he didnt have the money to do anything with it. Its actually not that bad or would have been had he not started taking it to bits.

Stuart.

Tom,

I think Neil is referring to the UK, not the US.......... :D

Cheers

Andrew

Perhaps he is...but he who coined the phrase didn't specify where they're born, did he? Anyway, the presumed audience for this instance is UK, I wot :D.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Tom Fremont