Why would you do this to a TR5?

Never can say seen it all, but getting closer to it !!

Alec is there a sure fire ,cast iron way to make your car safe while out and about in it.? That is easy and straight forward !!

I know there has been loads of previous threads on this, but i know you will give me a straight answer.

sorry to waylay your post stuart.

Cheers,

Conrad.

Hi Conrad,

no there isn't - not in my opinion, anyway.

Most mechanical anti-theft devices can be disabled in seconds, a few might take a minute or three at most.

A car can be winched or lifted onto a recovery truck in very short order - less than 2 minutes.

Most electronic devices, tracker or whatever, can be rendered ineffective before they are even triggered - by a small piece of smart technology that will fit in your pocket . . . . and even the most sophisticated device can be dealt with by kit that fits in a small laptop case or briefcase.

The best you can do is to deter the casual opportunist. And that should at least convince your insurer that you've done your level best.

The professional who has targeted your particular car is unlikely to be deterred or defeated by anything less than a .38.

Cheers

Alec

Back to the original post question (which in itself is probably a very good anti-theft device! YIKES!!)

I have a suggestion.

Perhaps it was either a terrible 'rear ender' accident repair by Ray Charles, or maybe a restoration done by Stevie Wonder??

;)

Guys like they say 'beauty in the eye of the beholder' I'm sure they guy that built it loved it, surprised there haven't been any comments about the V8 6 thats been on the Bay for a while again an acquired taste but clearly a lot of works been done on it.

TBH I did think about building a Rover V8 Engined 5 myself a few years back and then this thought morphed into a Stag Engined 5 ..in the end I stuck with the basically standard 6 I already owned !

Stuart didn't I mention the front air dam and boot spoiler I want on BUO ……………. :D

ATB Graham