Afternoon All.

I've just updated my tail brake number plate and front sides to LED and the results are amazing. Not a cheap option but well worth the money, very helpful chap at Better Car Lighting helped and I received them in the post the next day. So if any of you are thinking about it give it a go you'll be pleased with the outcome.

PS Happy New Year to you all. Mark

I use LED stop tail lights and agree they are a great improvement. I also have LED side lights which are great as running lights when required. Just bought a relay compatible with LED to replace the indicators. Good call Mark.

Hi Simon

Give them a call on0121 733 7000 it's easier to speak to the guy. I ordered from the web and got it horribly wrong so ended up calling him anyway.

You won't be disappointed.

Mark

Hope this works.....attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark

The pictures look great thanks for taking the time & trouble to post. :)

I had found a previous post with a recommendation for Better Car Lighting, I have had used Gill before & agree with you very helpful.

Cheers

Mike. B)

I have also upgraded my stop/tail lights with LEDs from AutoBulbDirect to similar benefit. Indicators are next on the list - where did you get the relay Prefect?

Also, has anyone managed to convert all their instrument lights to LED - I have done my speedo OK, but the LEDs (from Moss) seem to sit too far out of the holder when used for the revcounter and hit the back of the dial - any hints?

Thanks

Steve

I've done the speedo and rev counter using LED's from Moss. A great improvement in night time visibility. But, they don't have the correct thread on them for the screw in fitting on the loom and even after getting one replaced because it would not stay in, they're still not a really satisfactory fit.

Paul

Gil is extreemly helpful, & I have LED lights for my dash lighting, centre stop lamp, & front sidelights (in headlamp)

However after trying all he could offer for rear lamps - none were better than original bulbs (TR3 - downard facing fitting)

I now have Halogen type at the rear.

Bob.

Hi Simon

Give them a call on0121 733 7000 it's easier to speak to the guy. I ordered from the web and got it horribly wrong so ended up calling him anyway.

You won't be disappointed.

Mark

That Tel No should be 0121-773 7000

Cheers

Mike B)

Hi Mike

That's where I started, but ended up with number plate as well because of an earth issue. I did notice a huge difference in power used ie on the Amp meter. Look at what is pulled before you change and then after. Just off to fit the new reversing bulbs I ordered.

Good luck Mark

Kevin,

But you KNOW when they're stopping, right?

Mark, pics look good, can you post the part no's if you have them please?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

Ordered yesterday recieved & fitted today amazing as pics from Mark show post 5. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Part no's as follows

Front sidelights 233 COB LED

Stop & tail lights 380 High Power LED

Cheers

Mike B)

There's a comment on the legality or otherwise of LED lamps in the Feb issue of PC, page 29, some of the dates could be awkward for TR6s

Front side lights must be filament bulbs post Jan 1972

Rear lights must be filament lamps post Jan 74

Brake lights must be filament lamps post Feb 74

No LEDs on rear fogs permitted

Indicators are post Apr 86)

They suggest further info in an FBHVC newsletter issue 4 of 2014 ( http://tinyurl.com/k2fj69j)

Ron

Hi Mike

Interested in seeing them, would like to either pop over or you can pop over and stretch the beasts legs :P

Hi Mike

Interested in seeing them, would like to either pop over or you can pop over and stretch the beasts legs :P

Hi Martin

You will be impressed!! :)

No problem either way shall we talk over the weekend & set a date that works for us, depends when you are off?

Cheers

Mike B)

that sounds like plan I'm working this weekend but no probe on chatting to arrange a visitation :D

There's a comment on the legality or otherwise of LED lamps in the Feb issue of PC, page 29, some of the dates could be awkward for TR6s

Front side lights must be filament bulbs post Jan 1972

Rear lights must be filament lamps post Jan 74

Brake lights must be filament lamps post Feb 74

No LEDs on rear fogs permitted

Indicators are post Apr 86)

They suggest further info in an FBHVC newsletter issue 4 of 2014 ( http://tinyurl.com/k2fj69j)

Ron

Had seen about that but it seems as if MOT stations dont know much about it and I suspect plod probably too.

Stuart.