You may struggle with the fit where the sides go outwards part way up. Do you have the measurements?

Stuart.

Small car it maybe but its wider than a 6. Best get some measurements first before committing yourself and check the runners as well as your going to need a bit of fabrication there. Thats the other advantage of MX ones as there are easily available adaptors to fit straight into a TR.

Stuart.

Johnny D,study the Back of the Backrest on the MX5 Seat you will see that the sides of the Backrest are a different shape,on the righthand side of the Backrest viewed from the rear there is a greater cutaway and this allows the Backrest of the seat to sit snuggly beside the folded Hood,all types of MX5 Seats are shaped this way on the Backrests and thats what allows them to Fit.

Think the Mk2 type Seat with the removable Headrests suit the TR6 best, although i have Mk1s fitted myself.

John,

The latest TT seats are circa 560mm wide overall so wider than the TR6 seats which are circa 500mm. They also don't have the inclined back like the TR6 which allows them to avoid the hood mechanism.

cheers

Derek

John

Niall is right, and I would actually consider a set of leather Mk2's for VUX at some point, see: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330837825753?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Cheers

Andrew

Ooh, they're HEATED, now I am tempted....

My seats aren't great, just how easily do the mx5 seats fit a 6 then, I'd want the separate headrest ones.

Dead easy fit, couple of hours. As you are a member of the register you should have the technicalities CD and on that is a section on how to fit them and the drawings for making up the mounting brackets as well.

Stuart.

I fitted the Mark 2 MX5 seats in leather with the separate head rests. Brackets from TR Trader, seats recovered by Paul (Ebayer) in Hampshire and even I managed to fit them with no hassle, runners need a bit of tweaking and then they go in nicely :)

IMG_1655.jpg

Ooh, they're HEATED, now I am tempted.... My seats aren't great, just how easily do the mx5 seats fit a 6 then, I'd want the separate headrest ones.

Make sure you Buy the Mk2 type for the seperate Headrests, but from what i know none of them are Heated.The Mk3 type that have an all in 1 Pointed Backrest have the Heated Option, but they look Very Strange in a 6.

Just had these from Paul Bishop pbuapp@googlemail.com Leather fronts, vinyl back, stitched as I required (1 3/4") £460 inc delivery. Haven't fitted them yet, that's the easy bit. He did a brilliant job.

Cheers,

Vince.

post-10398-0-09500800-1355779573_thumb.jpg

post-10398-0-09500800-1355779573_thumb.jpg

Like the look of your seats Vince!

Do they come with the necessary runners or do you buy those in addition?

I've just emailed Paul so will see what he comes up with.

Steve