Emma's 6

Guest ntc

Looking good Neil !. I bet there wasnt much left of the B posts when those rear fenders came off. Were you able to rescue the hard top too ?

Stan

Stan

The rear was shot the leaking hard top did it

Emma

First trial run today :D the only part not checked by me :o the diff and it is shot :(

Ahh but Neil you know a man that can sort that :P

Looking good ;)

Ok chaps diff should be back fingers crossed Friday, now I know how long it took to take out I was in a rush ;) note use of ramp,jacking beam and windy wrench, so guess the time to put it back ? game on

Ok chaps diff should be back fingers crossed Friday, now I know how long it took to take out I was in a rush ;) note use of ramp,jacking beam and windy wrench, so guess the time to put it back ? game on

One person, 65 mins plus the time needed to put the exhaust back on..

Neil

From my own experience, without the benefit of a 4 poster, etc, lying on my back under the car, anything from 1 to 2 hours depending on how many times it decides to drop off the trolley jack as I try to maneouvre it into place.

The longest part of the job after that is tightening up all the nyloc nuts on the prop and drive shaft flange bolts.

Good luck. I hope Emma enjoys it.

Dave McD

One person, 65 mins plus the time needed to put the exhaust back on..

Stan

Everything was new apart from the diff :( one person to remove me ( done a few ) time 27 mins , I want to beat that

Stan

Everything was new apart from the diff :( one person to remove me ( done a few ) time 27 mins , I want to beat that

That is pretty good Niel. What slows me down is the 12 nylocs on the prop and drive shafts especially lying on the floor. Dont drop it on your foot. In fact dont drop it at all because the alu extensions on the rear cover will break if you just look at them funny.

Stan

Hi Neil

If mine ever starts to leak oil you can change mine, I know you like a challenge :lol::lol::lol: What about Gearboxes & overdrives timewise?

Cheers

Mike B)

Well diff in 37 mins :( works well :D both hubs shot :( this is getting expensive Emma ;) the car must have had one hell of hard life in the past in its short time on the road but not suprised with what was in it,anyway Mot 9.30 Friday so fingers crossed

Hi

For those of you of a certain age, after me and to the tune of "Champion the wonder horse"

Like a streak of lightnin' flashing 'cross the sky

Like the swiftest arrow whizzing from a bow

Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly

You'll hear about him everywhere you go

The time will come when everyone will know

The name of.....Neil the wonder fitter

Niel the wonder fitter

Good luck with the MoT

Dave McD

OMG it passed chaps so look out Emma about :lol:;) still having a problem bleeding the brakes though ? everything is new and pressure bled, firm pedal until the servo kicks in then to much travel any ideas?

Ps original servo

Edited by ntc