Speak for yourself pal, some of us can still get into our carefully preserved 1970s flares ! ;)

Effete menu ? Poncey poof more like, and not bargain basement either.

Sadly it's probably all an academic question, given the current state of the weather . . . 40 years ago it was one heck of mild day for January. Now we have Global Warming - ha bloody ha ! :lol:

Hopefully at least a few local cars will make it, but something over 200 miles in this weather doesn't appeal, at least not in an overpowered rwd TR !!.

Cheers,

Alec

Well since Menno finished his car we've had to get our teeth into something. rolleyes.gif

V.

... and so I get pulled into a topic I hardly understand! I dont' know what Yorkshire Pudding, Toad in a Hole etc is!. I know it has to do with food, but here end my knowledge! :lol:

Mind you, I can understand the change towards receipes! Everybody in Europe and the US sits around the fire, fighting the cold! Exchanging receipes for hot food can be a way to fight te cold. (Who's talking about global warming now? Where's that guy that 'invented' the 'hockey stick'-diagram?

btw Don, what's the temperature in Montreal?

Have a warm weekend!

Menno

Here's a pic to cheer us up! Sanibel Island, SW Florida.

sanibel-island-beach.jpg

The temperature here in Montreal has been about minus 4 to minus 7 degrees C as the high temperature for most days since the beginning of December. I think that it never went higher during this period. A few nights it went down as low as minus 20 C. Presently, we have an accumulation of about 55 cm (22") of snow on my lawn and in the garden. The swimming pool has been frozen solid for over a month. We are very prepared for winter and when we get a forecast for 15 cm (6") the plows get into action when we have had about 5cm (2"). Then they pass in front of my house about every 2 - 3 hours till the snow stops falling. So we never have any real snow removal problems. Everything is done by contracts which are drawn up and signed in the autumn, long before there is any need. We never have a panic, blocked streets or any stoppages. And I live on a residential street with not very much traffic except for those people who live on our street.

Here are some photos from 2001 and 2002.

The temperature here in Montreal has been about minus 4 to minus 7 degrees C as the high temperature for most days since the beginning of December. I think that it never went higher during this period. A few nights it went down as low as minus 20 C. Presently, we have an accumulation of about 55 cm (22") of snow on my lawn and in the garden. The swimming pool has been frozen solid for over a month. We are very prepared for winter and when we get a forecast for 15 cm (6") the plows get into action when we have had about 5cm (2"). Then they pass in front of my house about every 2 - 3 hours till the snow stops falling. So we never have any real snow removal problems. Everything is done by contracts which are drawn up and signed in the autumn, long before there is any need. We never have a panic, blocked streets or any stoppages. And I live on a residential street with not very much traffic except for those people who live on our street.

Here are some photos from 2001 and 2002.

Swimming Pool - in Montreal? That must be a fairly short season. :lol:

About 1/3 of the houses in my area have outdoor swimming pools. Flying over, a viewer will ask what are all those blue things ? those are swimming pools. In 1984, we went to Virginia Beach with the tent etc, in a towing trailer with the kids so we could have a holiday where there is warm water. The drive took us two days each way.

On the way home from our warm vacation, we thought about the time it takes each way to get to warm water, then home again. So in the autumn of 1984 we had a pool put in. With the pool in the garden, we have warm water seconds away from the house from mid-June to mid-September. And all I use to heat it is a solar blanket made of bubble wrap vinyl 18 feet wide by 32 feet long. The sun does the rest.

In the Google Earth view, my house in near the center and I can count 27 pools here.

Sausages will always be BAGS OF MYSTERY and don't forget "WALLS" have Ears.

Sausages YUK :huh:

Sue B)

Ah well Neil,

you should be in Wiltshire then . . . famous for porkers, and not ones with wheels ! ;)

All our beef, lamb, pork is out running round in the fields before it hits the freezer, not stuck in some factory shed . . . same goes for the chucks too. As for pheasant and venison, that's diy roadkill freebies ! :D

Cheers,

Alec

No shortage of good meat down here either. 2 fields from my house is a herd of Dexter cattle and the farmer delivers it to your door done in handy cuts including sausages. Order 1/4 or 1/2 a bullock at a time. Now thats what I call zero food miles. No shortage of Pheasant or woodcock either as all I have to do is take Albert up the road and he will drag them out of the hedge for you still squawking :lol:

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Ah well Neil,

you should be in Wiltshire then . . . famous for porkers, and not ones with wheels ! ;)

All our beef, lamb, pork is out running round in the fields before it hits the freezer, not stuck in some factory shed . . . same goes for the chucks too. As for pheasant and venison, that's diy roadkill freebies ! :D

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Alec

I must visit your part then for the porkers :D We must be lucky round here then we still have some meadows like in northern France now that is beef ;) and with trips to Scotland for some Aberdeen Angus :P